What's new

HD Signal Problem (1 Viewer)

BenKof

Agent
I've been having a recurring problem with my HDTV: the picture intermittently goes out for few seconds. At first I thought it was the cable signal, but realized that there is no sound interruption (going through a receiver) - just the video. Only other thing is that it doesn't happen watching DVD's, just television. Any ideas how to fix it?

John S

Senior HTF Member
How are you recieving your HDTV???

OTA? Cable? Sat?

If it is OTA, I'd try just a minor turning or relocating of the antenna maybe.

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
All channels?

Can you identify which channels are "analog" versus which are HDTV?

Try connecting the cable box to an older TV using the composite (yellow) jacks and see if the problem is there too in which case there is a problem with the cable signal.

Yes it is possible for reception problems to lose the picture and not the sound.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Are you using a splitter? I had signal problems - with certain HD channels only and video only - when I was using a low frequency splitter (I might not have that term correct). I switched to a $20 splitter (maybe a 2 gig splitter?) and it took care of the signal strength problem. Sorry for not being specific. I've since switched to directv and don't remember all the details. Since your problem is video only, you could also just have a bad component cable set or connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks