HD Sat receiver with a 49TXi

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by alvaro Castle, Nov 29, 2002.

1. alvaro Castle

Now that I decided to buy an Elite VSX-49TXi I wonder if I should drive the HD satellite signal trough the receiver and run just one Composite conection from the Receiver to the HD TV. In this case what will happen with the sound signal? Will I still able to get surround sound on some HD programs?

2. Hugo

Hugo Stunt Coordinator

Hi Alvaro,
    why would you want to connect a composite cable from your receiver to your HDTV, if you can connect it with a component cable and get the best picture? And for the sound signal, as long as your HD Satellite is connected via a digital output to your A/V receiver, you will receive surround sound (of course, if the signal is in surround format). Hope that helps.

Hugo

3. Greg Kolinski

Greg Kolinski Second Unit

Ive just recently quit running my HK520 as a video junction,and tun satellite and DVD straight to the TV.A little extra work swapping to video 1, video 2 etc,but picture quality is better.

4. alvaro Castle

Thanks and sorry for my mistake, because I meant component cable like MONSTER CABLE MV2CV-2M - Component Video Cable . So now I'll use this one to connect my SAT to the AVR, another optical cable to get the best sound using the AVR and finally run just one MONSTER CABLE MV2CV-2M - Component Video Cable from my AVR to my HDTV. This way I'll use just one input from all that my Sony HDTV has, Is this the right way to hook it up?