What's new

HD Recievers (1 Viewer)

Ozwald

Auditioning
hi,

i recently bought a 36XBR450 and would like to get an HDTV signal, but am not sure what i have to do. I know i need a hdtv reciever and have to get an hdtv signal. What are my options, are some recievers better then others?, and what should i be looking to pay?

aaron

Roger_C

Stunt Coordinator
I'm interested in this as well. I currently have DishNetwork. Do I need/want to stick with them and get their reciever and another dish? Or just OTA signals with a receiver?

It's my understanding that you have to have a receiver with your HD-Ready TV, but does that just enable you to see the few shows that are broadcast in HDTV?

Andy L

Stunt Coordinator
In order to receive a HD signal, you do need a receiver. Receivers are sold that receive over the air (OTA) broadcasts only, DirecTV and OTA broadcasts or Dish and OTA broadcasts. DirecTV offers HDnet and HD HBO while Dish offers HD HBO and HD Showtime. Local OTA signals depend on where you are located. Check out TitanTV to see what stations are broadcasting digitally in your area. Hopefully ABC and CBS are online in your area as they carry the vast majority of the OTA HD.
Receivers start at $450 or so new and go up from there. However, used or open box receivers can sometimes be found for less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks