What's new

HD radio - JVC KD-HDR1? (1 Viewer)

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
I'm looking to replace the factory radio/cassette player and CD playing in a used '93 Camry we bought a few weeks ago. The CD player doesn't have a buffer or anti-skip and the radio reception is terrible.

I'd like to get an HD radio, if I can find a decent one in my price range (under $250). Most places are selling the JVC for $280 or more, but Crutchfield has it for $199 and a $40 MIR, so the final cost is under $160. Is it worth it, or is it is piece of junk?

Chad_K

Grip
Real Name
Chad Kemp
I was in the car audio business for about 11 years and have been out for about 7 months now. When I was getting out HD radio was not very big yet. It was also my knowledge that you had to have a seperate tuner to receive the HD content, just like XM or Sirius sat radio. So you might double check your pricing before you commit. One good thing about HD radio is that the content is free.

I stand corrected. I just looked at the JVC you were talking about and it does indeed have the tuner built in. I wonder why they cant do this with sat radio?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks