HD question

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by KyleC, Jan 11, 2005.

1. KyleC

KyleC Supporting Actor

I heard that you may or may not be able to pull in HD signals without a cable card installed. Does anyone know what channel any HD stations are in the Ocean County, NJ area? I'd like to test. I did a channel scan but no HD came in. I though maybe if I directly put it in, it may work. I have Comcast coming on Sat to install the CC but I thought I'd at least try.

2. Paul Sandhu

Paul Sandhu Supporting Actor

I think you a High Definition Decoder box.

3. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

Go to Comcast.com and look up "What's in in my area". Enter your Zip and then look for the "My Channel Lineup" choice (I think it is under "Support"). Clicking on "My Channel Lineup" will list by number all channels available on your Comcast service, including HD channels.

4. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    CableCard equipped TV's do not require an STB to receive HD from the cable company. The card does the decryption.

-Robert

5. KyleC

KyleC Supporting Actor

I didn't even see the local stations come in during a channel scan, that's why I asked here. I thought maybe someone could say "Oh yeah NBC is on XX.X channel". No?

6. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    You need to go to AVS Forums and look in the Local HDTV section. There is an index of all the threads by city. You will find someone in your area that can answer any detailed question that you have.

-Robert