HD problem with picture darker/lighter

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Marcus D, May 17, 2004.

1. Marcus D

Marcus D Agent

I don't know which section this should go in so I will start here. I am having a slight problem with my HDTV 49" JVC. When I watch a DVD or TV program in HD like the Sopranos, I notice the picture goes dark or changes color and then gets light and vice versa. This only happens for a split second. It also seems to happen when the camera changes to a different view or scene. I am not sure why this is happening but it started about a month ago. It is really annoying. Is there some sort of setting that I accidentally hit that has caused this to happen or is it something else?

I would definitely appreciate someones input on this.

Thanks

2. Marcus D

Marcus D Agent

Can someone help me with my question please or at least provide some sort of insight?

Thanks

3. Matthew Todd

Matthew Todd Second Unit

I don't know what this would be Marcus. It almost sounds like macrovision, but I don't know for sure why that would be showing up on HD. How do you have the DVD player and HD input to the TV?

Matt

4. Marcus D

Marcus D Agent

Thanks for the response.

My HD Box is put into the TV Input 1 - Y,Pb,Pr and the DVD is plugged into the TV Input 2 - Y(green color cable),Pb(blue),Pr(red). All of the plugs are int eh correct slots(as far as I can tell). The colors(red, green, blue)are matched up with the inputs on the back of the TV.

5. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

You don't specify what type of HD receiver you have, but I have this problem with my 3250HD cable box (on a Toshiba TV). Nothing of the sort with DVD though.