HD on Pioneer Elite 510

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JerryLA, Aug 13, 2001.

1. JerryLA

JerryLA Stunt Coordinator

When watching some of the HBO series in HD on Dish Network I notice it seems an excessive amount of the top of the picture seems to be cut off.When switching back and forth to other modes like 4:3 it does not seem to cut the tops of peoples heads off. I have looked in my setup and don't see where I can adjust the picture vertically. Is this something to do with the way HBO converts this for HD? Just curious if anyone else has this problem. The problem is much more noticeable on the series Six Feet Under than any of the others.... maybe its just their editing!
    Thanks
    Jerry
    ------------------

2. Mike I

Mike I Supporting Actor

Jerry, since the last software update a few weeks ago, you now have to set the aspect ratio mode via the star button to normal for native 16.9 HD programming...
    ------------------
    [Edited last by Mike I on August 13, 2001 at 07:57 AM]

3. Rino van Dam

Rino van Dam Auditioning

When was this software update? What's the new version? I don't think I have this update...
    Rino

4. Mike I

Mike I Supporting Actor

The last soft ware update was around July 25th..It allows aspect ratio control of native 720p or 1080i progamming...I am not home right now so I do not recall the new version number, but if you call dish tech service they can give it to you...If you have your 6000 set to auto and not ask me first for new software down loads, you probably already have the new version..
    ------------------

5. JerryLA

JerryLA Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the info. How do you figure out what the new upgrades upgrade. Do you call Dish on a regular basis to find out what these upgrades are for or is there a site that lists them with an explanation for each.
    Thanks again guys!
    Jerry
    ------------------

6. Mike I

Mike I Supporting Actor

I am pretty involved with various HDTV sights where much of this information is out before it even happens..Dish has had this upgrade in the works since January...But you do make a good point, if your not involved with all these sites you would may not know what the new software updates accomplished or what add features were put in...
    ------------------