What's new

HD on PC question (1 Viewer)

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
I have the ATI HDTV card for my computer. I am awaiting a better antenna so I havent tried it yet.

BUT i was wondering if I have to setup my display settings on my "display preferences" in windows to 1920 x ??? in order to have that 1080i resolution on my monitor..or will it adjust itself and do everything on its own.

Also, my display actually only lets me set it as high as 1600 x ?? ..does this mean I wont get true 1080i even if my monitor supports it?

Thank you

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
I have a 19" Dell Trinitron Monitor from around 2001.

My video card is an Nvidia Geforce2 Ultra 64MB from around the same time.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Ok, I'm not sure if your monitor would support the required resolutions.. (ie, 1920x1080) in fact, I more then doubt it, because you will have a 4:3 monitor...

No, you won't get 1080i. Your monitor just doesn't support it. You'd need Powerstrip as well, but I wouldn't cook your monitor trying it :)

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
Well, my monitor I remember will do 1920x1080, but in my display settings it wont let me go past 1600x. I think this is because of my video card.

Also, a lot of programming I will be watchin is 4x3 (television), so will I be able to receive that?

Im using a UHF antenna with the ATI HDTV WOnder card.

And what do you mean by powerstrip? Burnout my monitor?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks