What's new

HD Olympic Games Opening Ceremony/Ongoing Coverage: What's Going On??? (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

LOL! Whatever do you mean by that? :D "OH. MY. GOD!!" "That was AWESOME!!!" "That. was. PHENOMENAL!!!!" :D

_Man_

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
My favorite had to be during one of the Winter Olympics figure skating competitions after someone major screwed up.

"That was so (long pause as he searches for a word) BAD!!!" (LONGER pause as I imagine his fellow commentators are looking at him like he's a total idiot, then more intelligent banter resumes).

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
As they pointed out in their commentary, being excitable is a major liability for gymnasts. I'm sure she learned not to get worked up over a good or bad routine.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Well, I guess Tim Daggett did have a long time to grow out of that trait. :D I suppose we might expect the same for Shannon Miller for the 2012 Olympics in NYC. :wink:

_Man_

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Been watching mainly woman's and men's beach volleyball. Rooting for May and Walsh of the USA to win the gold.

My biggest complaint about the Olympics so far is that the commentators are just awful (although the beach volleyball commentators have been decent). I swear though that with the other events they just talk about the most ridiculous things that really have nothing to do with the sport itself.

My other complaint is that in most of the intervies I have seen with the volleyball players they always ask them the same stupid question.... " How do you keep your swimsuit bottoms from riding up?". Is this something we really care to know about? I mean ask them questions about the game and not about the clothes they are wearing or how it feels to be a hot olympian.

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
For the past half hour, since I've turned it on, NBCHD is broadcasting the audio about 10 minutes ahead of the video!! Is anyone else experiencing this?? I'm on the NY feed. I can't believe nobody is monitoring the broadcast. This is inexcusable. If it were a movie it might be unintentionally funny but hearing races called before they're run is pathetic. They even play the program audio through the ads which increases the video lag.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks