What's new

HD Image seems to jump around. (1 Viewer)

nickJo

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick Jones
Hi guys, I have a Samsung 1080i, I don't know the model number but its 36 or 37 inches. It's connected via component cables. Anyway when I'm watching my favourite shows in HD like Lost or Deadwood the image seems to expand and contract. This happens the most when there is natural light in the picture like a fire. So this happens a lot during nighttime scenes in my two favourite aforementioned shows. Also I know I'm not crazy because there is a watermark type thing where the local stations logo is in the bottom corner of the image and it jumps around like crazy and thats all the time. It's the same thing with my Xbox360 video games, when there is a change in lighting in the game the image expands and contracts. This is most pronounced in Elder Scrolls but happens in various FPS. Again my XBox360 is connected via component cables. I just wanted to know what is up with all this craziness. Thanks guys.

~NiCk

Real Name
Jeff Schnebelen
I am not sure if I have exactly the same problem, but a very similar problem indeed. My CRT projector will drop sync for a split second when a Large transition of light occurs usually from dark to very bright scenes. I found a way to work around this by forcing my projector to sync on Green instead of H/V separately. I can do this by simply pulling off on of the H/V cables and it will switch to "sync on green". My Projector does not "cut out" any more. I am not sure how you could accomplish the same thing on a TV like yours. What kind of componet cable are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks