What's new

HD-DVDs $6 shipped at Amazon.com (1 Viewer)

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
To get free shipping, click the "2 Used & new from $4.98" link under the DVD image. Then click the $5.99 with free shipping. If the DVD does not have this link, it's $3 shipping per DVD. Decent selection of almost 150 movies.

closeoutmovies @ Amazon.com: hd

Greg Layton

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg Layton
I picked up 12 movies for $82 after shipping. Not too shabby.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Now that I'm without either of my 2 HD DVD players (due to the recent break-in), my interest in $6 HD DVDs has waned considerably only due to my uncertainty in obtaining another HD DVD player, as I think I'd still only want the XA2 if I were to re-buy a HD DVD player. I hate that my interest has waned. It was bittersweet that my $6 used Zodiac HD DVD from Blockbuster showed up last week as I had ordered it over the holiday break, and it's basically an expensive coaster set for me at this point in time. Sigh...sorry for the digression.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
One thing I did order was the Atonement combo disc. Amazon has never put it on sale (at least that I've seen), and they currently have it for $28.99.

I've looked for it at other HD DVD sales, without success. On this sale, it's a total of $6.72 shipped.

I'm sure there will be a Blu-ray down the line, but who knows when?

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
I received my order today. I was distressed to find that one title (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas) was not new -- not even shrink wrapped. However, the seller responded quickly and assured me that it was an error and they are shipping me a replacement.

Alfonso_M

Second Unit
Don't know if this is 'old news' but if you follow the link below you can get titles for 5.00 directly from Amazon, free shipping if order over $25.00...

Ordered 5 HDDVDs yesterday, and they are already shipping out today....27.49 total, (one title was 7.49)

traderbora @ Amazon.com:

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Thanks for the link! These also qualify for Amazon Prime.

A lot of the Universal titles have yet to be reissued on Blu. If and when that happens, they'll probably be overpriced; so I always take advantage of these closeouts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks