What's new

HD dvd may not beat Blu Ray release date (1 Viewer)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Wow, is anyone really surprised at the possibility of another delay? I think both sides are looking at the market, seeing the demand just isn't there and now panicking a bit. I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray are pushed back to the fall so they can try to promote the formats heavily for the holiday shopping season.

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor

How easy would it be for hackers to crack the "carefully controlled conditions"? Heh, should be interesting when they come out to see what hackers can do.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't think they'll make it or they'll ship 10 of them out just so they can say that they made the date but no one will actually be able to get their hands on one. Either way, they better hurry since the release date is only about five weeks away.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Greg, that "knee jerk" article is 100% on the mark.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Thanks for posting!

(personally, it makes me sick that Sony has actually done a "resaonble" job of trying to estimate time-frames and release dates while Toshiba has just LIED and made-up dates to sound like their winning the launch game...and even the HT community allows themselves to get sucked into the deception!)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I'm certainly no HD-DVD apologist, but I also have MAJOR problems with Sony and all of their deceptive practices as of late. At this point, neither side is getting my money at launch because I refuse to support their petty format war with my dollars. Like most people here and in the market as a whole, I'll sit on the sidelines and wait for either one format to win or a universal player to be made.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Though Sony is one of the largest and highly recognized electronics ompany, it still boggles my mind how popular they could have really been if they just fell into place on so many things. That article from DVDreview was quite intersting. I personally never saw the real need for UMDs. To me it was a waste. Portable DVD players are cheap and it plays the same disc that your house dvd player can play. Again one of the main reasons to wait after the dust has cleared.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks