What's new

HD-DVD International DVD List - (1 Viewer)

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
Rumoured Australian:

Basic Instinct
Terminator 2
True Lies!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover

htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
...OMG....I'm all over this. Loved this film. Thanks Chris, you've made my day and hurt my pocket book. :D

Winman42

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Winston
Just out of curiosity, has anyone picked up Renaissance out of Germany? I have it coming this week, and was wondering if anyone else has seen it.
thanks,
Win

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
Looks like UNDERWORLD: EVOLUTIONS has finally gotten released.

Word on the street is that it exceeds the video quality of the USA BD version.

Audio is a DD+ track and when compared to the PCM BD tracks, the difference was negligible.

I see dvdgo is allowing orders as they are currently out of stock... I am awaiting xploited cinema to receive there's...

Dugger

MarekM

Supporting Actor
yeah, sure the difference between DD+ and PCM is negligible.....
and yeah video is better too, why not........right ?

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
Well.... Worked for TOTAL RECALL..

I dumped the BD for the import HD-DVD....

Overall, the import is just plain better..

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
Latest Updates on Upcoming International HD DVD titles...

French HD DVD Releases

The 15 HD DVD titles announced earlier by Studio Canal is NOW confirmed to due at retail on May 21 instead of March 26 or March 5. The disc specs of some titles have been updated to reflect the latest information. For instance, Terminator II HD DVD will be a 2-disc HD DVD set.

The delay is possibly due to the need to press the discs with the latest/updated AACS layer for all 15 HD DVD titles released by Studio Canal. Studio Canal has indicated that the discs with the updated AACS layer will not affect playback on standalone HD DVD players such as Toshiba HD DVD players and Microsoft Xbox360 HD DVD add-on. Software HD DVD players bundled with HD DVD PC drives may need software updates/upgrades to playback those discs.

Warner Home Video (France) has also announced Le Prestige (The Prestige) on HD DVD, June 6. The HD DVD will contain Dolby Digital-Plus audio tracks. English [SDH], French, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Finnish, German [SDH] & Dutch subtitles are provided.

German HD DVD Releases

Universal Pictures Germany and Studio Canal have announced that Ran, Arizona Dream and Armee im Schatten (L'armee des ombres) will also be released on HD DVD in Germany, this May 24, instead of April 26 or March 29. The disc specs for each title will be the same as those announced for the French HD DVD release.

Arizona Dream HD DVD will contain bonus materials presented in Standard Definition:

* Interview with Johnny Depp
* Deleted Scenes
* Promo-Reel
* Trailer
* Teaser

Japanese HD DVD Releases

Warner Home Video (Japan) has announced that Taking Lives (Unrated Director's Cut) will arrive on HD DVD in Japan, June 8.

Toshiba Entertainment Inc. has earlier announced that the HD DVD release of Tom Hanks' and Steven Spielberg's Band of Brothers will arrive in Japan on July 27.

Spanish HD DVD Releases
El Truco Final (El Prestigio) or The Prestige will arrive on HD DVD in Spain, in May/June. The main feature will be presented in 1080p High Definition 16x9 2.35:1 with Dolby TrueHD 5.1 (Spanish) and Dolby Digital-Plus 5.1 (Spanish & English) audio tracks. English [SDH], French, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Finnish, German [SDH] & Dutch subtitles are provided. Bonus materials includes trailers, featurettes and documentaries.

La Isla (The Island) will arrive on HD DVD in Spain, on April 23. The main feature will be presented in 1080p High Definition 16x9 2.40:1 video with Dolby Digital-Plus 5.1 (Spanish & English) audio tracks. English, Spanish & Portuguese subtitles are provided. Bonus materials includes trailer and featurettes.

Maleficio (An American Haunting) HD DVD which has been further delayed from Mar 14, is expected to arrive at retail in Spain in May 2007. Disc specs remains the same as those announced much earlier.

Bridge to Terabithia is expected to be released on HD DVD in Spain, this June. Some details from ZONADVD.com.

European/U.K. HD DVD Releases

We've been informed that the following titles (not an exhaustive list) will be available in the coming months or so, in Europe... You may want to check with your local retail stores or local websites covering HD DVD releases in your area for specific release dates and details.

* The Deer Hunter
* Ran
* Brotherhood of the Wolf
* Chronicles of Riddick
* Children of Men
* An American Werewolf in London
* The Dukes of Hazzard Unrated
* Blazing Saddles
* The Island
* Lady in the Water
* Swan Lake (Opus Arte)
* Backdraft
* Dreamgirls
* World Trade Center
* 16 Blocks
* The Holiday
* The Mummy
* The Mummy Returns
* Ray
* All the Goals (FIFA World Cup)
* Red Dragon
* The Thing

I credit the above information to the HD DVD Format Blog at:

http://hddvdformat.blogspot.com/sear...nal%20Releases

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Chris,

Based on your experience with Total Recall I'm hoping the SC T2 PQ will be better than the Blu-Ray. I thought the Blu-Ray didn't look much better than upconverted DVD. I'm hearing the reason it's 2 disc now is a disc each for the theatrical cut and the extended cut.

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
I am awaiting more information....

This 2 disc set is a different encode than the Blu-Ray and I am sure that it will outshine (both PQ and AQ) it. On top of that, it looks like we will be getting both a theatrical cut and the special edition w/ extras.... Something that Sony should of done in the first place here in the US.

Also.....

Word out of SC is that the audio speed up issues have been corrected, yet I will await to see for myself....

Can't wait for this release!

Dugger

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
If they corrected the pitch issue I'm definitely interested in a non-biased technical comparison review on T2.

It's the only BD so far that really disappointed me.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Not sure if it's this version of T2 or another future release? but somewhere read (i think avs) that this version is superior in terms of video quality. I need to do a search to find that.

Some of those do look good on your list Chris. The Island is sure tempting but I keep thinking there will be a U.S. release soon right?

The only problem & it's rather big with importing these is you can nearly buy 2 HD DVDs from amazon for the price of one import.

Still, I am glad I got Harry Potter last fall. Looks and sounds great. :)

Bridge to Terabithia will also be a buy from me as it's one of-if not THE best film I've seen so far in 2007.

Again, thanks for all your hard work compiling all of this Chris. :emoji_thumbsup: :cool:

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
The Island should see a HD-DVD release here in the states...

It's just a question of when....

The only imports that I buy are titles which look to be BD exclusive here.... As much as I would like to support the BD versions, so far, I have found the HD-DVD import to be better and I don't mind paying a little more...

Even with the pitch problems (which have only really effected FIRST BLOOD for me), I have been very happy with TOTAL RECALL (FR) / KING KONG (UK) / EQUILIBRIUM (JP) / REIGN OF FIRE (JP) / HARRY POTTER (UK) / and THE FOG (FR).

Can't wait for the T2 discs and The Prestige....

Dugger

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
From early details I got from Universal Netherlands they are going to release Mr. Beans Holiday in July on HD-DVD and Hot Fuzz in August on HD-DVD.

No specs are announced but the standard 1080P and Dolby + should be on the discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks