What's new

HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc -- making "M:I 3" the biggest-selling next-gen title.... (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

I wish they would have reported the breakdown of HD-DVD and BD sales. That would have made for some interesting dicussions on this thread.:)

AaronSCH

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron Schneiderman
Strange that a breakdown isn't being reported. But 20,000 units sounds pretty insignificant to me. Does that consider sales of the full collection as well? Amazon's sales rankings of the Mission: Impossible Collection place the HD DVD edition at 423 while the Blu-ray edition lags far behind at 2883.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

Depends on whether the 20,000 was limited because of lack of willing purchases, or lack of supply.

MarekM

Supporting Actor

hmm I think in article it was mentioned ONLY MI3, so it's unclear if they counted also collections hmm

and yes they are insignificant.... we need at lest 1mil players of each camp to see any bigger numbers....

Marek

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

The interesting numbers will be when Fox releases X3, and Universl releases King Kong (excluding numbers from the free giveaway). At that point, with Mega movies being released in both formats as exclusives, and MI 3 being a cross platform film, the exclusive studios can begin seeing what exclusivity is costing them in lost revenues.:laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks