What's new

HD Directv w/ TIVO (1 Viewer)

Hugo

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, does anyone know or have any information regarding the new HD directv w/ TIVO (or any other hd recording)? I heard they will be coming out by the end of the year, but I can't find any real information, only expectations. Thanks!

Hugo

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
According to rumors over at the Tivo Community, it will be delayed until Q1, '04. After it was announced earlier this year, Hughes and Tivo listened to the users and did a re-design. Version one had an HD sat tuner and an HD OTA tuner and could record one HD stream. The new version will have dual HD sat tuners and dual HD OTA tuners and record two HD streams.

-Robert

Steve F M

Screenwriter
Whats to fear. The $800 is a very, very reasonable price. I was figuring at least $1000. I'll be 1st in line for that price tag!

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Hi, Steve,

I am sure it's a more than fair price, but that does not mean I can afford one. Fortunately, with electronics time is always on the consumer's side as these devices just tend to get better and cheaper.

Deborah

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Circuit City had the current model DirecTivo last Thanksgiving for $250. New subscribers can get one now for $50 and existing subscribers for $100. Give it a year and let us eager buyers drive the prices down.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks