HD DirectTV $400 more than Dish??

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Mike Rivera, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Mike Rivera

Mike Rivera Agent

I'm looking to upgrade from analog cable to sat. I went looking and for a package with 3 normal receivers and 1 HD receiver, Dish was free (for equipment and install) and DirectTV wanted me to buy the receiver for $400 - $800.

Is this correct? Any reasons I should consider DirectTV or save the money and go Dish?

Also, nobody has a DVR for HDTV sat yet? I don't want to buy a receiver and then need another when DVR becomes available for sat.

Am I mistaken or understanding this wrong?

Thanks,

2. Jeff Whitford

Jeff Whitford Screenwriter

Im pretty sure that Dish network is not giving an HD reciever in their free offer.

3. Mike Rivera

Mike Rivera Agent

Yes they are. I have a brochure in my hand that says you pay a $49.95 installation fee for four tv's (3 SD and 1 HD)and receive a $49.95 credit on your first bill, so it's free.

No equipment to buy. This is why I'm having a hard time considering DirectTV.

4. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Read the fine print of the contract. It may be a two year agreement. Also, you lose out of some upgrade paths that other customers get.

5. anthony_b

anthony_b Screenwriter

Have you looked into the HD cable package from your cable company ?...I switched from Directv to cable for that same reason, and I don't miss D* at all.