What's new

HD Content in my area (1 Viewer)

MarshawnM

Stunt Coordinator
All,

A while ago a member give me a web page that showed what OTA HD content was in my area by zip code. Does any one know the web site? I live in Pittsburgh, so I get CBS in HD now via Direct TV. This web site was great, if any knows what it is, please post a reply.

-Marshawn

MarshawnM

Stunt Coordinator
VicRuiz,
In markets where the local aff is owned and operated by CBS Network, Direct TV does offer HD for CBS. Check out www.widescreenreview.com for all the details issue number 53 October. The current markets are New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philly, San Fran, Boston, Detroit, Dallas, Miami, Minneapolis, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Salt Lake, Austin, Texas, and Green Bay. I got the Ten LSU game in HD Saturday night via CBS HD. In short I get HD CBS on Direct TV in my market. Sorry you dont.
Marshawn

VicRuiz

Second Unit
Yep, that's what I said. There is NO CBS-HD on DirecTV. Dish Network is a different story.

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
DirecTV offers local channels in many markets, but none are HD.

The only HD channels on DirecTV are HDnet and HBO. The rumors say they will be adding 4+ more in the next few months (CBS [perhaps NY + LA] and Showtime are best bets.)

MarshawnM

Stunt Coordinator
Guys,

I know what I have. All you have to do is call 18004DIRECTTV. They will tell you what HD channels are now offered. I have CBS HD in Pittsburgh via DIRECT TV. Call them and see for yourself. Tell the operator that you live in Pittsburgh and you will have four channels offered in HD, HBO, Showtime, CBS, and One PPV. Good luck.

-Marshawn

VicRuiz

Second Unit
I submit you DON'T know what you have. DirecTV DOES NOT have neither CBS nor Showtime in HD, period. Dish Network does. If you're getting these channels via DirecTV then they're not in HD.

DanP

Agent
Marshawn, two questions. Do you get HDNet, the new all HD Network? You should, it's only available on DirecTv. it's on channel 199 and it's included on all DirecTv subscriptions (yet you dont mention it for some "strange" reason). And, what model number of HD receiver do you have?

I lied. Three questions.. what channel number is HBO-HD offered on, on your system?

DanP

Agent
You didnt answer my questions. And I've talked to DirecTv many times because I have both DirecTv HD and Dish Network HD.

Dish Network offers HBO-HD and Showtime-HD, CBS-HD and HD-PPV. DirecTv offers HBO-HD and HDNet/HD-PPV and nothing more. Period.

Ernie S

Auditioning
MarshawnM
Can you just tell us what channel # it is on Directv??
That's all... we'd like to know.
Thanks ;)

John Tillman

Supporting Actor
In reading his first post, he mentioned that someone pointed him to a website that listed HD OTA channels.

He is probably thinking that CBS would be decoded through a DTC-100 or other Direct STB, which would be correct.

If that's the case Marshawn, the misunderstanding is simply that CBS would come to you via your OTA UHF antenna, not via your Direct dish.

Just a play on words, but everyone got their backs up because Direct does not have an agreement with CBS to broadcast their signal... Dishnetwork does.

Fred DeGrandis

Stunt Coordinator
MarshawnM,

The only 2 HD channels avalible on DirectTV are 199(HD.net)and 509(HBO HD).

I hope this will soon change, but thats it for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks