What's new

HD Channels Via Time Warner Cable In Raleigh, NC (1 Viewer)

Andy_R

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy
I just received my HD box from Time Warner, and in trying to view the HD channels, I've come to the realization that they do not show up in the guide. The only way I can find to access them is to type in the number directly. With some guessing and exploring, I've found the following HD channels:

201 : UNC

211 : ABC

217 : NBC

255 : CBS (? - Nothing actully shows up on this)

411 : HBO

451 : Showtime

Are there any I am missing (HDNet)? Is there some way to get these to show up in the guide.

I feel like I am missing the trick. Please help.

-Andy

Harold A

Stunt Coordinator
Andy,

You luck bastard, how long were you on the waiting list. I think I have been out in for oh I don't know eternity.

I think you are missing the HD-PBS or is that the HD-NET I am not sure. How is the picture on the channels you do receive?

Also, what are the option on the box for aspect ratios? Do you have a 16:9 or 4:3 TV.

Jeremiah Joyner

Auditioning
There is also FOX in 250. I think they only do 480p for some shows, which is about all you can expect from FOX. It does look a little better than regular FOX tv though.

UNC on 201 is the local PBS station. No HDNet, its only DirecTV.

Andy_R

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy
Thanks for the info.

I was on the waiting list for less than two months, which is a shorter wait than I expected. Around the beginning of November Woody called and told me I was 364th on the list, and he was doing about 50 a week. When I picked up my box yesterday, it looked like several other people were getting thiers too.

As for aspect ratio, I see no way to change it via the box.

Harold A

Stunt Coordinator
I am ignorant on the subject, but who is Woody? I just called up TWC and told them I want to be on the list for a HD-Box. Is there someone I should check in with?

Thanks

Andy_R

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy
From what I can determine, Woody is the guy that is in charge of the distribution of the HD boxes. You can think of him as the owner of the list of people that are waiting. He'll probably be the guy that calls you when your name makes it to the top.

MarcS

Stunt Coordinator
You're right, in the "graphic" user guide, you won't see the HD channels...

Here's the trick if I recall correctly... Go into the menu, there should be an option to set your favorite channels, the full list of available channels will be shown. Can't remember though it the HD ones are differentiated in any way, but at least you can set up all the HD on the "Favorite" button on the remote. I may not have all that terminology exactly correct, but it's close...

Jeremiah Joyner

Auditioning
Andy,

Which HDTV cable box are they using? Is it still the Scientific Atlanta 2000HD?

I thought they were getting a new HD cable box.

Jeremiah

Andy_R

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy
Yes, it is still the 2000. There was a link a month or two ago to an article about TW purchasing large quantities of the next generation box (the 3000?) but those don't seem to be showing up quite yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks