HD antenna?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy Dueck, May 29, 2001.

1. Jeremy Dueck

Jeremy Dueck Auditioning

I just ordered a Dish 6000 with the adapter card that allows me to view local HD broadcasts. I was wondering what type of antenna I would need to pick up all the local Digital and Analog broadcasts or if I would need multiple antennas. Also, is it possible to use a diplexor with the antenna signal/dish signal? Thanks.
    Jeremy

2. Paul W

Paul W Second Unit

Check out the Terk TV42. I includes a diplexer so you can use the same cable going to the dish.
    People have mixed results with this antenna for analog TV, but DTV reception is excellent for me (YMMV).
    ------------------
    [​IMG] Paul Warren
    Hey fella . . . I bet you're still livin' in your parent's cellar . . . downloading pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar . . . and posting "Me too!" like some brain-dead AOL-er . . . I should do the world a favor and cap ya' like Old Yeller . . . you're just about as useless as MPEGs [sic] to Hellen Keller.

3. Jeremy Dueck

Jeremy Dueck Auditioning

Great, thanks a million.
    Jeremy

4. Stephen Tu

Stephen Tu Screenwriter

Hmm most people over at www.avsforum.com think the Terk stuff is overpriced and ineffective in a lot of conditions. Channelmaster has many more advocates. You don't need a special antenna for digital signals; what works well for analog will work well for digital in the same frequency range. Bigger is better, directional is better. Multiple antennas would only come into play if you are receiving signals from several directions and don't want to use a rotor.
    Go to www.antennaweb.org to find out which direction you can get signals from and how big of an antenna you need.