What's new

HD-A2 upgrade is now available for download. Now version 2.5! (1 Viewer)

Brian Little

Stunt Coordinator
I've noticed that there are some playback issues with MPEG2AVC encoded material with 2.0 on my A2. After roughly 20-30 minutes of playback there is some pixelated breakup occuring. I have to stop and restart the disc in order to get playback to normal.

ladyg11

Agent
Real Name
gail
Hi,
I downloaded that link to my desktop - can I just burn that to a disk and put it in my A2 to upgrade?

ladyg11

Agent
Real Name
gail
Never mind
- I saw the answer in another thread that you can!! How convenient that is..

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Jeremy,

Most probably not.
I don't recall seeing even 1 post on this forum where a player was hosed during upgrade.

I have the A1, so I'm not certain what step 5 is exactly. If it's doing nothing for 45 minutes, I would reboot the player after taking the CD out (if you used that method).

Probably all will appear to be well. Look for the version number to see if it's upgraded.

Cees

Alfonso_M

Second Unit
I don't know if this was reported elsewhere.

But I just updated my a20 with version 2.1

I had no idea this version was avialable, but since I was having problems with my '300' disc, I decided to re-load 2.0 but as it turns out is a new version.

In any case the update didn't fix the problem, I'm still freezing up on chapter 17 and getting error 408bc504.

Any one knows about this error code?

Mark_TB

Second Unit

I just updated my A2 to version 2.1. I hadn't watched 300 yet, but I did play through chapter 17 just to see if I had any problems with my disc. Happily, it played through without any difficulties.

I'm not 100% certain, but I think I had that same error code with my first (defective) copy of SUPERMAN RETURNS. It would stutter and freeze up in a particular spot.

Mark

Alfonso_M

Second Unit

Mark, yes, I also had the same error code before with "Superman Returns", after exchanging that one the error disappeared, so this time around with '300' I'm also returning for exchange to Amazon.

Apparently that error is very common as Google-ing gets lots of hits from all corners of the net.

As far as the 2.1 version, on this other thread posted here titled "HD-(x) A1 firmware..." the updates are listed already at version 2.3 for all Toshibas HD players, I never saw that post before today because the 'title' led me to believe that thread was exclusively relating to HD-A1 players updates only, so I missed it.

In any case, today I downloaded the 2.3 upgrade ISO file for my A20 player, (location listed in the other thread) but my burning software (Roxio) gives me an error and wont burn that ISO file to CD.

I called the Toshiba help number listed and they told me that lots of people had trouble burning that ISO file, (they say lots of trouble with '300' disc too) and recommended burning at the lowest speed possible, which I did at x4 without success again.

They took my info and will mail an upgrade CD directly to me with V 2.3 in 10 days they say, let's see who gets here first , my '300' replacement or the upgrade CD.:crazy:

Apparently Toshiba lags behind posting direct online player upgrades, so if you want the latest version, which apparently activates online features, try V2.3 and see if you are successful burning a CD. Others were able to do it, probably depends on the software used. :emoji_thumbsup:

James L White

Supporting Actor
somone please help
I can't get the update to work

I go into the ethernet settings on my HD-A2 and turn DHCP and DNS ON
but when I go to update I get the message Can not find out server

I notice that the DNS is all 0s even when i turn it on and confirm

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
I didn't look it up, but if your DHCP is supposed to give your player its IP-address and DNS-address, wouldn't that have to be DNS - OFF? (Or AUTO, or so?)

Cees

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
James,

(I still didn't look it up :) ), but if the DHCP isn't working on your LAN, for some reason or another, you may need to enter an IP-address of your choice manually that matches the other choices on your LAN.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks