What's new

HD A2 audio input issue..... (1 Viewer)

DenaliST

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
Hello everyone, I just hooked up my HD A2 my home theater. I currently have a denon avr-2807 receiver, LG 42" plasma display, definitive mythos gem speakers as my mains and rears with a mythos seven center channel. Sub is a SVS SB-12. My problem is that the receiver display reads multi ch. in, when playing an hd dvd disc. I have the hd a2 connected via HDMI to my receiver. Should it be saying DD, or DD+ or TrueDD because it always says Multi CH IN. Thanks for the help.

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
It's supposed to say that -- the player decodes the audio and all the receiver knows is that it's getting some PCM channels to pass along.

DenaliST

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
I just wanted to make sure that was the correct setting. My first impressions of the HD A2 are that it is a fantastic player. I never thought the sound would be so much better than my previous upconversion DVD player, and it far surpassed my expectations in both SQ and picture quality. I have only watched Mi: III so far, but tonight is Batman Begins. Thanks again! :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks