What's new

HD-A1 Problem (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mason

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
Hey guys,

Finally upgraded to the future with an HD-A1 player.

I hooked it up to my 1080i CRT TV using the same component cables I had been using for my old Sony DVD player. Unfortunately, while the image quality is great, the picture has green and purple lines that continue to scroll up the screen. It's very irritating, has anyone else had this problem? If it's a bad player, I would be saddened quite a bit as it's the only model I've been able to find in the area. Is there any other possible explanation for this problem?

Thanks,

Patrick

Royce H

Stunt Coordinator
Patrick, I'm sure you've already done this, but have you turned off the player's HDMI output (HDMI light on player's front panel goes out) using the "v.output" button on the remote? Then you must make sure you set the output to 1080i using the "resolution" button on the remote. Try using 480i and 480p resolutions as well. If you get the same results, it's most likely the player. Personally, I would also beg borrow or steal another set of component cables and swap those in before trying to replace/fix the player. I found that a lousy set of component cables that came with my switcher caused a large color shift. Changing them out fixed the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks