HD-A! - "HDMI Error 1"

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
Hi, my player won't play anything now, all I get is the above message. I t was playing disks ok (well...I only one so far MI3) but now nada. I have last year's Sony 60" Grand Wega with HDMI in and is 1080i, so not sure what's happenin now. Any thoughts? Thanks

john a hunter

Screenwriter
Was it playing alright before. I've only had my xa1 for about a week and everything was ok until last night when I powered up for a session. The sound via the analogue outs was there but the Samsung dlp showed "hdmi error"and there was no picture. After about 10 minutes of plugging the cable out and then in , I realised that I had inadvertently touched and moved the "v output" on the remote. Once reset, back to HD DVD bliss.

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
TJohn; yes it had been playing ok with the exception of some audio and HDI No Link messages as I noted in another thread. After some input from where I bought it; I did the following:

1. Set all components to the settings I wanted when playing HD (TV to Video input #7; HDMI switcher on input #2; etc. etc.)

2. I powered everything off;

3. I disconnected and reconnected, after several seconds, the HDMI to the input on the TV;

4. I then first turned on the HDMI switcher, then the TV and then the HDA1, with the HD DVD in it;

4. Start up and play back was flawless and no quirks or quarks at all.

This is only a one-off I realize, however, I will try to do this experiment several times, perhaps reducing the number of steps (like i am not sure I even needed to disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable with everything powered off), and let you know.

I will say, in relation to the 'No HDMI Link' msg and the HDMI switcher and TV input. The player immediately stops playing when the switcher is not set to the proper input, and if the TV is not set to the proper input. Both situatiuons require, in my case, that I push Setup, and then push it again without actually doing anything and it resumes normal operation. Don't ask me why toggling the Setup button does this or requires that I do it...I havent the foggiest idea!

Anyways...hope this helps others as well. Cheers

RobertDW

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert D Wehe
Check the hdmi cable connections as many have had problems with the poor hdmi connectors. Also update the player to the latest version 2.0. Also turn the display on first.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaMovieMaestro