What's new

HBO's "Tales from the Crypt" season 1 coming to DVD July 12 (1 Viewer)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
http://dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&...6365&n=1&burl=

"Warner has announced the complete first season of Tales from the Crypt which will be arriving in shops from the 12th July this year. Based on the legendary and gruesome EC Comics from publisher William Gaines, this horror anthology featured stories of murder, the super natural, gore and humor and always had a twist ending of sorts. Some of Hollywood's biggest names took part, either working in front or behind the camera. Each of the episodes will be presented in 1.33:1 full frame along with English 2.0 Stereo Surround tracks. Extras will be included on this one, but Warner has yet to reveal what they will be."

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

Not sure what you mean by this... From what I have read, there are two discs, one with the six episodes from Season 1, the second disc has bonus features. Can you clarify?

Matt Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
Ah my error there mate. I read this from bloody-disgusting.com

But man is there bad bad bad bad news. Originally rumored to be releasing every episode in a mighty box set, Warner Home Video is actually releasing each season of HBO's classic TV series Tales from the Crypt individually, according to DVD Answers. Season 1 will be available on July 12th this year, with no word on how regularly they will be released. Each of the episodes will be presented in 1.33:1 full frame along with English 2.0 Stereo Surround tracks. Extras will be included on this one, but Warner has yet to reveal what they will be.

I read it wrong, im not much good in the morning after a fair few beers the night before :D

Kelly Grannell

Second Unit
How many episodes are there in total? It seems like the ones I keep watching are the same episodes rebroadcast by Space channel in Canada.

Matt Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
Im looking forward to seeing what extras are available on the DVD. I hope they dont wait too long before they release season 2.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I have just joined NicheFlix and have the TFTC series in my queue. They are French releases. Any word on which versions (original or edits) they used?

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton

"Boils and ghouls are just dying to get their hands on my Deceased Video Discs. Take Richard, here -- please! He's been holding his breath a long, long time." ;)

Sean Richardson

Stunt Coordinator

I don't know, I love the first few seasons of 'Crypt', but I don't think I'm going to buy all seven; I'll probably lay off around 4 or 5, and I know (from other boards) I won't be the only one ... so I'm glad they're doing individual seasons.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
I wonder if they will present the first three "episodes" edited together as a feature film (complete with a full feature-film credit roll at the end) as it originally aired on HBO, or if they plan on showing them as split-up episodes with video credits which is how they were shown as reruns months later.

-Lyle J.P.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks