HBO's Project Greenlight

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrianShort, Dec 3, 2001.

1. BrianShort

BrianShort Supporting Actor

Anyone catch this show? The first episode was pretty good, and I think it should be a pretty frank behind the scenes look at a new director/writer trying to get his film made.

Brian

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Yup, the wife & I caught it last night after Sex & The City. We were going to just watch five minutes, ended up watching it all. Very very good. And very frank about the process of picking the projects which I liked.

How long is it going to be on?

3. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

I found this episode totally engrossing. Will definitely keep watching it!
    The only complaint I have is that I wish I didn't know who had already won from the the pre-show hype. It would have been that more exciting. It was weird since I knew who won, to hear that at first no one seemed that excited about his script or directing.
    This must have been filmed before Ben Affleck checked himself into rehab. I noticed in just about every scene he had a drink in his hand! [​IMG]
    I believe it's for 10 episodes, like Band of Brotehrs. Although according to next week's schedule, the rest of them will be half hour shows.

4. BrianShort

BrianShort Supporting Actor

I was reading the AICN Talkback about this show, and one of the posters mentioned that the movie would premier at Sundance, in the American Spectrum series of films. It sounded like this was a pretty prestigous series for your film to be shown in, indicating that the guy actually made a really good film (or as the Talkbacker mentioned, the Weinstiens made some phonecalls [​IMG])
    I look forward to seeing the rest of this series. It's too bad future episodes are only a half-hour long.
    Brian

5. Dave Dugan

Dave Dugan Stunt Coordinator

Jodee:

I agree with your point completely. I know the whole series is not about the suspense over who wins, but it would have helped the first episode for them to have kept a lid on it right before they aired the episode...

I still enjoyed the show very much.

-Dave

6. BrianB

BrianB Producer

I liked knowing: it made the comments by the committee slagging off the script/story much more interesting - he almost won by default IMO...

7. Bob McLaughlin

Bob McLaughlin Screenwriter

Bob
    I think that since their website announced the winner a long time ago, they didn't see the point of creating "fake" suspense for the television show. I agree that it was more interesting seeing how they treated the guy that you knew was going to win!