What's new

HBO's Game of Thrones: Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Season Three teaser trailer: Episode credits:EPWRITERSDIRECTOR301 David Benioff & D.B. Weiss Dan Minahan302Vanessa TaylorDan Minahan303David Benioff & D.B. WeissDavid Benioff & D.B. Weiss304David Benioff & D.B. WeissAlex Graves305Bryan CogmanAlex Graves306David Benioff & D.B. WeissAlik Sakharov307George R.R. MartinMichelle MacLaren308David Benioff & D.B. WeissMichelle MacLaren309David Benioff & D.B. WeissDavid Nutter310David Benioff & D.B. WeissDavid Nutter A new new faces behind the camera: Benioff & Weiss are directing their first episode. "Journeyman"/"West Wing" director Alex Graves and "Walking Dead"/"Breaking Bad" director Michelle MacLaren are new to the series. They replace Alan Taylor, who directed four episodes of season two and is currently in the homestretch filming Thor: The Dark World. All of the season three writers also wrote episodes during season two. Benioff & Weiss are writing seven, while Vanessa Taylor and Bryan Cogman are each writing two. George R. R. Martin wrote episode six this season. New Cast Members for Season Three:

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
A suggestion to those who have not read the books: do not, under any circumstances, visit a GoT website where internet douchebags frequent. Spoilers abound for this season, and I would hate for anyone to have the show wrecked. Honestly, I would avoid GoT YouTube videos, or, at the very least, not even scroll low enough to see comments.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I ended up reading all of the books after season one ended. Took me most of August to do it. it's probably the best way to go.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Brett_M
Book three is fantastic. If they hit the right marks this season, it will be the best so far. All I can say is wow.
A Storm of Swords is my favourite, too. This season can't come soon enough.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Im only on Book 1 so have no idea what happens beyond Season 2. However, does anyone know how many episode there will be this season and how much of the third book is being filmed for Season 3. I also heard at some point two books run on the same timeline with different characters and will be intrigued as to how they deal with that in the seasons to come.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Originally Posted by Simon Massey
Im only on Book 1 so have no idea what happens beyond Season 2. However, does anyone know how many episode there will be this season and how much of the third book is being filmed for Season 3. I also heard at some point two books run on the same timeline with different characters and will be intrigued as to how they deal with that in the seasons to come.
I believe that Book 3 will be covered in seasons 3 and 4 of the TV show. It's still 10 episodes per season.
Books 4 and 5 both share the same timeline. Not sure how they are implementing that into the TV show. If they continue 2 seasons per book, then the author has 6 years to get book 6 done. At current pace, that MAY happen.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Season 3 Photos (including new characters):
dea9da3b_GoT_3x00001.jpeg
6bcf1489_GoT_3x00002.jpeg
2b1b0d17_GoT_3x00003.jpeg
3d7f0522_GoT_3x00004.jpeg
5d21aef2_GoT_3x00005.jpeg
1fbc9d85_GoT_3x00006.jpeg
602bb751_GoT_3x00007.jpeg
ed982619_GoT_3x00008.jpeg

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
HBO's Season 3 introduction:
As Blackwater Bay cools, the victors consolidate their power and rebuild King's Landing. But new challengers for the Iron Throne rise from the most unexpected places. Characters old and new must navigate the demands of family, honor, ambition, love and - above all - survival, as the Westeros civil war rages into autumn.
Based on the bestselling fantasy book series by George R.R. Martin, GAME OF THRONES is an epic story of treachery and nobility set on the continent of Westeros, where summers and winters can last years, and only the lust for power is eternal. The Emmy(R)- and Golden Globe-winning series returns for its ten-episode third season SUNDAY, MARCH 31 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT), exclusively on HBO, followed by other episodes on subsequent Sundays at the same time.
As season three begins, the Lannisters hold absolute dominion over King's Landing after repelling Stannis Baratheon's forces. Yet Robb Stark, King in the North, still controls much of the South as well, and has yet to lose a battle. In the Far North, Mance Rayder has united the wildlings into the largest army Westeros has ever seen. Only the Night's Watch stands between him and the Seven Kingdoms, but nobody knows what happened to its Lord Commander and the force he led beyond the Wall.
Across the Narrow Sea, Daenerys Targaryen - reunited with her three growing dragons - ventures into Slaver's Bay in search of ships to take her home and allies to conquer it.
Returning series regulars on GAME OF THRONES this season include: Emmy(R) and Golden Globe winner Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister), Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark), Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister), Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister), Aidan Gillen (Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish), Iain Glen (Jorah Mormont), Kit Harington (Jon Snow), Richard Madden (Robb Stark), Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister), Maisie Williams (Arya Stark), Isaac Hempstead Wright (Bran Stark), Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) and Jack Gleeson (Joffrey Baratheon).
Additional returning series regulars this season include: Alfie Allen (Theon Greyjoy), Jerome Flynn (Bronn), Rory McCann (Sandor "The Hound" Clegane), Conleth Hill (Varys), John Bradley (Samwell Tarly), Gwendoline Christie (Brienne of Tarth), James Cosmo (Commander Jeor Mormont), Stephen Dillane (Stannis Baratheon), Carice van Houten (Melisandre), Liam Cunningham (Davos Seaworth), Sibel Kekilli (Shae), Rose Leslie (Ygritte) and Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell).
Returning recurring cast members on GAME OF THRONES this season include: Natalia Tena (Osha), Joe Dempsie (Gendry), Oona Chaplin (Talisa Maegyr Stark), Julian Glover (Maester Pycelle), Kristian Nairn (Hodor), Finn Jones (Loras Tyrell), Esmé Bianco (Ros), Gemma Whelen (Yara Greyjoy), Hannah Murray (Gilly) and Art Parkinson (Rickon Stark).
New cast members for the third season include: Ciarán Hinds (Mance Rayder), Diana Rigg (Lady Olenna Tyrell), Mackenzie Crook (Orell), Clive Russell (Brynden "The Blackfish" Tully), Nathalie Emannuel (Missandei), Kerry Ingram (Shireen Baratheon), Paul Kaye (Thoros of Myr), Thomas Brodie-Sangster (Jojen Reed), Ellie Kendrick (Meera Reed), Richard Dormer (Beric Dondarrion), Kristofer Hivju (Tormund Giantsbane), Philip McGinley (Anguy), Tara Fitzgerald (Selyse Baratheon), Tobias Menzies (Edmure Tully), Anton Lesser (Qyburn), Ian McElhinney (Barristan Selmy), Michael McElhatton (Roose Bolton) and Noah Taylor (Locke).

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I can hardly wait. This is going to a heck of a season. I only wish it was more than 10 episodes :) But hey, you can't win them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks