What's new

HBO's "Carnivale" - status on season 1 set? (1 Viewer)

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
While I wait with baited breath for season 2, it'd be nice to relive what we've seen so far, and to refresh myself with what happened.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
HBO has a bad habit of waiting until after season 2 is finished broadcasting to release season 1 of a program on DVD. It seems that just before a new season starts, the season that aired 2 years ago arrives.

I don't understand the strategy, as I think swifter releases would drive people to the "first run" programming.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor

Yeah! How long ago did OZ end? Why are we only on Season 3 on DVD. HBO's release schedule drives me nuts! I am sure since season four was 16 episodes they will release them in two sets a year apart. UGH!

--Ian

Haden

Supporting Actor
Season 1 will no doubt come out right when season 2 is about to premiere. That's HBO's promotional strategy.

Mark Turetsky

Supporting Actor

For what? Sopranos and SFU both released their first seasons when the third seasons were about the premiere. The Wire hasn't had any releases yet. They're just now getting around to Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Oz took years and years to get the first season out.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
hbo's policy is closer to two years after the season first airs. as was mentioned, we have yet to see The Wire released, and they're working on season three now.

Mike Tripicco

Auditioning
I think you're more likely to see season 1 replayed on HBO to lead into and promote season 2. That's why they don't release it on DVD prior to that.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Yeah just like I thought it's coming in December. But it's official today as tvshowsondvd.com just posted the news. I can't wait to get this for Christmas.

IsaacMon

Auditioning
It's funny because I emailed HBO and they responded back to me today. HBO told me 12/7/04. How cool.

Isaac

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bhirooajantoom