What's new

HBO's "Carnivale" (SPOILERS!) (1 Viewer)

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Anyone looking forward to this show.

1934. The Dustbowl. The last great age of magic. In a time of titanic sandstorms, drought and pestilence - signs of God's fury and harbingers of the Apocalypse - the final conflict between good and evil is about to begin. The battle will take place in the Heartland of an empire called America. And when it is over, man will forever trade away wonder for reason.
Official Site

Here is an article, I just read about it online, in the Kansas City Star. Link.

Looks promising. It debuts Sunday September 14th at 9:35 PM ET.

Lowell_B

Second Unit
I'll definately be checking it out tomorrow. It looks like it has some real promise. Of course it doesn't hurt that it's going to be in HD. :)

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
I agree completey I'd like to see it but I work oh well hopefuly they'll re-run it.
Rebroadcast schedule:

HBO High Definition - EAST
Tue 9/16 11:35 PM
Wed 9/17 09:05 PM
Fri 9/19 09:30 PM
Sun 9/21 12:35 AM

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I read it's 12 episodes. Does anyone know if it's 12 episodes Season 1, and there may be more. Or is it a one time deal like Band Of Brothers.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well it was interesting enough to get me to tune in again next week, especially for that Adrienne Barbeau money shot, boy at her age she still looks great. The Hi Def was nice too. We'll see how it all comes together.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It got interesting towards the last 15 minutes of the pilot episode. You have to wonder how the balance of life and death is exacted given Ben's powers.

Lowell_B

Second Unit
:emoji_thumbsup:

All around a very good opening to what looks like a real good series. The ending to the episode was just great.

Most new shows seem to pull out all the stops and use up most of their great ideas in their pilots, but as this is a mini-series (correct me if I'm wrong, I still am not 100% if it's a 12-ep mini, or just the first season), it seemed like the setup for bigger and better things to come.

I loved the opening credits too, they (along with the rest of the show) looked just plain fantastic in HD.

I'll definately be tuning in for episode 2 next week.

Lowell

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Excellent 1st episode. I'm interested in seeing where they are going with this. I'll definitely stick around for the rest of the season.

You have to wonder how the balance of life and death is exacted given Ben's powers.
I'm still trying to figure out how Brother Crowe (Clancy Brown) fits in. Really nice to see Clancy Brown in this show. He is one of my favorite actors; ever since I saw him in the Highlander.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
Nice start. I'm very intrigued by this show and I always like the whole "final battle between Good and Evil" theme. It kind of reminds me of "The Stand" with a 1930s slant. Excellent cast and great HD picture quality and 5.1 sound.

Kind of wild that Ben's Mom chose to die rather than have her son save her.

After 6+ hrs of football, I'm ready for a switch. Carnivale will be a nice way to finish off a Sunday.

Ralph

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, yes, obviously Ben's powers aren't truly a gift because something else has to give up their life for Ben to heal someone else. Exactly how much a sacrifice in lifeforce is needed for Ben to heal will be a delicate balance, as will the bigger theme of good vs. evil.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was good. Very interesting and looking foward to seeing where it goes :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks