1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

**** HBO's BAND OF BROTHERS: The True Story Of Easy Company.

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Tino, Sep 9, 2001.

1. Danny R

Danny R Supporting Actor

The last we saw of the "real" Dike was huddling at the haystack.
    Then at the church we see the narrator say that they lost a good officer and a bad, and Dike fades away. However that doesn't mean he was dead, as the good officer they lost also was simply transfered out due to shell shock.

2. AjayM

AjayM Screenwriter

Now I don't know if this is correct or not, but when the battle was over and the Sergent (Whalberg -sp-) was walking across the field he comes across a dead body, in the opposite direction a man is being carried off the field (shot in the butt?) and asks something like "is he dead?", the Sgt agrees and the wounded guy has a big ol smile on his face as he's being carried off. I took this to mean that the Lt Dike was dead. That's just what I saw..
    Also about Sobel, I read a comment on a message board from some relative (like a 4th cousin, not a direct family member) making comments about he was unhappy about Sobel's portrayal (probably never knew the guy)....
    Andrew
    ------------------

3. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

I took it to mean that they got the sniper. I still say that the guy who was shot in the butt was Vinny on Doogie Howser M.d.
    This weekend I watched Enemy at the Gates and was really disappointed. Band of Brothers put it to shame. Why did they use English actors to portray Russian soldiers?
    Jon

4. Ian Wilson

Ian Wilson Agent

5. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Oh man. "Why we fight" was quite an episode. Focusing so largely on Nixon's decline, the episode was depressing to start with. But entering the camp was truly something. Seeing the wraith-like population stagger towards them was pretty indelible, as was their various forms of gratitude.
    I was intially mixed when watching the allied soldiers displacing the local germans. But watching them assist in the camps really brought it all together.
    I can't imagine what that must have been like.
    A very good episode, and key to understanding exactly why the war was fought.
    Episode 10 (the last [​IMG] ) looks to be quite the resolution.

6. Stacy Huff

Stacy Huff Second Unit

As bad as the people in the camps looked tonight, they still looked far healthier than the real thing. As a 6 year old my family visited Dachau, something that will forever be etched in my mind. I can't imagine how somebody who saw it for real would manage to deal with it.

7. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    First, I thought Why We Fight was very powerful, although I agree with Stacy that the concentration camp prisoners were not quite like the walking skeletons that you see in documentaries like Night and Fog.
    Still, I think the show was very true to the spirit of history.
    Before the show, I caught the commercial for the upcoming documentary, and it showed for the first time the actors who portrayed the men along side the actual men of Easy Company. It was almost a spoiler...although it has been fairly easy to identify Winters in the pre-show interviews, the other men have not been so obvious.
    Of course, I could always read the book...
    Can y'all believe this show is almost over (for some of us, at least). [​IMG]
    I heard some bad news regarding the home video... HBO does indeed control it, and has made no plans for release just yet. My guess is that we will be waiting at least a year to own this one on DVD.
    - Steve

8. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

[​IMG]
    I was seriously looking forward to the DVD early next year. Taping this does me no good because quality and the 5.1 sound is lost.

9. John Tyrone

John Tyrone Agent

Oh my, I had the great pleasure of watching part 9 in hd and 5.1 sound. I missed part 8 in hd by one day, my stb and 50h81 came in on monday [​IMG]
    Having watched this series has been great and I can't believe only 1 espisode is left. Being a former infantryman(11bravo) in the 10th Mountain Division, this has been the only thing on tv I looked forward to all week...
    John

10. Alex-C

Alex-C Screenwriter

11. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    Of course not. But you can be mindful of history and let BAND OF BROTHERS be a launching point for future exploration of actual historical footage.
    - Steve

12. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

I'm not afraid to say there were some tears in my eyes during last night's episode. Powerful stuff.
    ------------------
    Todd.
    "Ah, mercury, sweetest of the transitional metals..."
    - Sealab 2021

13. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

Im sad to see this show end.
    ------------------
    Visit My Pathetic WebPage
    "....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
    what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
    one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung

14. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

15. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

I think part of what makes Band of Brothers so special is that, within it's scope as a serial, there is room to show so much more of everything- details, chracters, etc.- that traditional films don't have the breadth to present.
    ------------------
    Todd.
    "Ah, mercury, sweetest of the transitional metals..."
    - Sealab 2021

16. Chad Erickson

Chad Erickson Stunt Coordinator

Chad Erickson
    Does anyone know if next week's episode is going to be longer than an hour? I'm hoping for a 2 hour show, but I doubt it will be.
    Can't wait for the DVD's.
    ------------------

17. Jim-M

Jim-M Second Unit

HBO's online listings show that next weeks episode will only be an hour.

18. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    Since we moved, I have no HBO connection yet, I have 6 days to get my connection,I hope I get it in time...I will miss this show too.
    I also thought the costumes looked too good for the concentration camp prisoners, to perfect, too new.
    Great Show still... [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Regards,
    Todd

My HT

19. Hugh Jackes

Hugh Jackes Supporting Actor

Hugh Jackes
    I thought the ironic juxtoposition of the the arrogant, haughty widow of a Nazi officer, confronting Nixon in her home and the the same woman looking guilty and haunted -caught- confronted by Nixon on the camp work detail was brilliant and perhaps one of the most moving moments in the episode.
    My eyes got leaky too, I must admit.

20. Danny R

Danny R Supporting Actor

Can anyone tell me when a widescreen repeat of this week's episode will run? I tried monday's repeat, but it was pan and scan.