What's new

HBO's-6ft Under, Season Finale's-Your Review's Here! (1 Viewer)

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Talk about about a change in story line!
eek.gif

We all suspected something was going to happen with everyone else in the show but not Nate!
David continues to show his ability to address and command a crowd and at last, seems to be at peace with who he is.
The mother surprised us all by not being upset with her hair dresser when he broke up with her, and what about her roll in the "flowers" with her Russian boss
wink.gif

I hope Clair does'nt get hurt.
eek.gif

I am going to miss this show until next season
frown.gif

------------------
Regards,
Todd

My HT

[Edited last by Todd Barattini on August 19, 2001 at 10:20 PM]

Shawn C

Screenwriter
1st of all, this is the best show on T.V. today.
I think it's inevitable that Claire is going to get hurt in some way. Her relationship with Gabriel can only head in one direction. Gabriel has shown his inability to keep himself under control for more than 5 minutes.
Nate's new sickness seems a little far-reaching to me. I don't know if his character needed another crisis. Isn't his girlfriend and his psycho brother a big enough crisis? Well, maybe that Brenda's brother is now committed, he needed another crisis. I just don't think so.
Jimmy Sisto who plays Billy, Brenda's brother, is a pretty convinving crazy dude. We're not doen with him yet. I can see him going off of his meds again and going after Brenda for committing him.

tommy_esq

Stunt Coordinator
they definitely set the table as far as plot lines for next season... david and nate are such great characters and played wonderfully by those two fellows.
i appreciated the 2 hour treat and will miss this show until it resumes.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The 1st episode's opening death was pretty grisly. For some reason, the conversations that David has with the dead are strangely engaging.
I wasn't sure if David delivered his speech in church, or was it a fantasy speech?
I knew Nathan would know what to say to Tracey, he does have that gift for empathy. Plus given his new medical condition, it struck home with him even more.
Why was Frederico so much "better" with the revelation of David's homosexuality in the 2nd episode? He seemed really disturbed by it in the 1st episode.
I was faked out by the death in the 2nd episode (hoping it was that Kroner beeyotch on the teebox).
Why do women hang with unstable guys? It appears Claire is on that road.
Ruth's relationships are pretty entertaining because Ruth has that "frankness" of older people in relationships that is leads to stark reactions with little theatrics. That Hiram is a total wimp doesn't surprise me (with his "the grass is always greener on the other side" connundrum). I'm glad Rugh and Nikolai hooked up, and her standing up for herself was refreshing, consequences be damned.
I was bummed when the 2nd episode ended. I wanted more! :)
------------------
PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; Link Removed

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
It's going to be a long seven months until Season Two. I hopw by then we'll have the first season on DVD.
------------------
These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I was a little un-happy with the final ending.
I did like that it ended on a happy note, but...it seemed a little forced. Like it did not fit with the rest of season.
The scene with dad watching and then walking up the stairs bugged me. The ghost's have always acted to counter-point the living characters. They are NOT atonomous. Yet here is dad looking satisfied and walking away. Once again, it did not fit the rest of the season.
And I liked Brenda going fearfully to confront Billy, but he forgave her, so she picks a fight with Nate on the way home.... does this make any sense except as a plot device to get them to the hospital?
It just did not have the quality/consistancy of the other shows. It's almost like they brought in some other writers to "turn the show around" for the final episode. Not nearly as good as the rest of the season.
Did this bug anyone else?

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I'm so bummed out that the season is over.
frown.gif
It's been a great show, and I already miss it.
However, the final episode felt too much like they were trying to tie up some loose ends, while still creating some "cliffhanger" situations. I'm guessing it was because they didn't know if there would be another season.
I too didn't particularly like the scene with the dad walking up the stairs.
David's speech in church was all real, except for the applause, which was just his imagination.
I'm glad to see David doing better. I wonder what they'll do with his character next year if he's not so neurotic about his sexual orientation anymore. :)
Nate's illness really disturbed me. made me think of my own mortality. I don't like to think about that. :)
Billy's self-surgery was creepy, and his attack on Brenda even worse. His setup for Nate was creepy also. I hope they don't make him into too much of a nice guy now, seemed to hint at that during the hospital visit.
Ruth and Nikolai are a blast, I hope they'll let them have some more screentime.
Gabe seems like a good guy, but very weak mentally. It will be interesting to see what happens to him, if the robbery has any consequences and so on. Claire is just starting to annoy me.
I hope the second season will be as good as the first!
/Mike

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I think David will find something to be neurotic about regardless of him coming out.
I'd like to see Claire find someone more worthy of her than Gabe.
I would like to see Claire and Nate ond more as brother and sister since they both seem to have terrible taste in lovers (I've been in love with a crazy person. It's not fun).
I think Billy will return and be off his meds in no time.
I'm not a big Nikolai fan because the actor has played so many bad guys he kind of scares me (though I thought Hiram wasn't worthy either).
Nate's illness hit home for me. Last Monday my doctor told me I'm going to have to go on dialysis in December and I'll need to get a kidney transplant ASAP, or I am just looking at a couple more years of living. Mortality is a bitch!
I'm hoping that wasn't the last we'll be seeing of the funeral groupie. I have always liked her as an actress.
I hope HBO will be rerunning the series soon. I missed episode one.
Seven months is a long time to wait for season two. At least Band of Brothers, Inside the Mind of the Married Man and the new season Curb Your Enthusiasm look promising on HBO (and of course we'll have new Buffy, Angel, and Friends in about 6 weeks).
------------------

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Why was Frederico so much "better" with the revelation of David's homosexuality in the 2nd episode? He seemed really disturbed by it in the 1st episode.
I took that as Rico simply being caught off-guard at the abruptness of David's revelation. But there's a longstanding relationship there; otherwise Rico couldn't have been persuaded to return. As he says when arranging the christening, the Fishers are like family. One of the things that David discovered throughout these two episodes was that people who truly care for him won't suddenly stop just because they find out he's gay.
Gabe is going to jail, if he doesn't kill himself first. That video surveillance tape will be hard to get around.
My prediction for Brenda and Nate: Billy won't be their biggest problem; it'll be her parents. They're seriously nuts.
M.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I was going to make some nitpicky comment about people calling Freddy Rodriguez's character "Frederico", when I'm pretty sure it's "Federico" (hence the nickname "Rico", as opposed to "Fred" or "Freddy"). But, checking the official website, they appear to not know which it is, either. The plot synopses call him "Fredrico", while the "Cast & Crew" section calls his character "Federico Diaz"
It always sounded like "Federico" to me, on the show...
:)
Anywho, I'm interested to see if Nathaniel's ascent of the stairway is a metaphor for going to heaven, and we won't be seeing anymore of him...
Season 2 can't start soon enough for me...
------------------
"If we blow up, whatever's left of me is kickin' your butt."

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I took it as Frederico needing a place for the baptism of his newborn, regardless of David's sexual orientation. :) I'm actually glad that Frederico showed some strong reaction (given that he's probably had a strong catholic upbringing), but as you said, can come to grips with the revelation (or maybe he really needs the job with the new kid in the house). :)
------------------
PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; Link Removed

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
:) TV Guide is reporting that Six Feet Under is being renewed for a Third season! It killed in the ratings on Sunday beating reruns of the X-Files and the Practice.
------------------

Jon_B

Screenwriter
I wasn't able to watch the last episode until this weekend. (work) I also came to the same conclusion about the father going up the stairs as Joel. For the first time we see the Fisher's coming together as a family. In the first episode, the Fisher's really weren't a family. The only reason they were getting together was because of their forced christmas gathering. The father's will (giving half of the funeral to Nate) seemed to be his last ditch effort to bring the family together. It worked. The Fisher's finally had a reason to coexist with each other without having the father force them to be together. The father could finally move. Thus alluding to the final scene of him walking ---^ up the stairs.
Just my .02 cents.
Jon

Gary Kellerman

Stunt Coordinator
The "dark humor" of this show really showed after the auto accident. Brenda is walking around in a tiz while Nate is jogging in a fit of anger after being told about the problem in his brain. The "dark humor" part left me with a feeling after seeing both characters that it was hard to believe that Nate is ill and Brenda is OK. I am looking forward to the 2nd season of this show.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Quote "The "dark humor" part left me with a feeling after seeing both characters that it was hard to believe that Nate is ill and Brenda is OK."
Such is the unfairness of life.
------------------

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I can't wait for season 2, and I hope that season 1 makes it to DVD soon. I can't imagine why not, it seems to be killing in the ratings, and it doesn't have the same problems as BUFFY!!! with syndication. :)
I really wanted more, but I can wait, I knew about the second season as a definate, but the third! I can't wait, this show is easily the best on TV. (Tied with Buffy)
This show needs to be on TV, I expect the first season to be out around February - June 2002. If they do one, but I don't see why the wouldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks