hbo set to re-broadcast The Wire

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RobertW, Feb 3, 2003.

1. RobertW

RobertW Supporting Actor

i was checking out the hbo website tonight, and saw that hbo is planning to run the first season of this again, starting sunday, march 2 at 9:00pm. i hope everyone makes an attempt to see it, cause i think it was the best thing i saw on tv in 2002, and one of the best things on tv ever, up there with band of brothers. and far better than this season of the sopranos was.

there's also a second season in the works, but no word on which, if any, of the first season characters will be returning.

2. Andrew Chandler

Awesome. I was afraid there wasn't going to be a second season because I had heard no mention about it from anybody. I agree, The Wire was an awesome show- I would say I liked it better than any season of the Sopranos

3. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

4. RobertW

RobertW Supporting Actor

it may be on one of the other hbo's, i didn't notice mention of a specific channel. 8:00 pm sundays are re-runs of the sopranos first four seasons.

i'll check into it more.

5. Chris_Richard

Chris_Richard Supporting Actor

Starting March 2 the Sunday lineup on HBO will be, all times Eastern:

8:00pm The Sopranos, on 3/2 they will be showing ep#5
    9:00pm Six Feet Under, new season starts on 3/2
    10:00pm The Wire, episode 1 reshown on 3/2

6. LennyP

LennyP Supporting Actor

They will be showing The Wire on Sundays at 10, following Friday at 10 and Saturdays at 9pm

7. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

Funny little story about The Wire. My dad does a lot of work with the local PD, and he was told by undercover narcotics officer that The Wire is the most factually accurate cop show on TV.

It got off to a slow start but I really enjoyed it after the second or third episode.

8. RobertW

RobertW Supporting Actor

ok, some of you may have read my previous posts about this show. and maybe you're sick of them. but HBO will be re-running this excellent series beginning sunday night at 10:00pm. and i just hope i can convince a few people to tune in to watch it.

in my opinion, this was the best thing on tv last year. way better than season 4 of the sopranos, and possibly better than the sopranos, period. anyone who likes quality tv, or was a big fan of Homocide: Life on the Streets will enjoy this 13 episode series.

a word of caution however. the first episode starts off the series a bit slow, and it can be a bit tough to follow because of the number of characters you have to get to know. but hang in there for three or four episodes and you will be rewarded with an excellently written, realistic, well-acted series. if you thought Kingpin was good, wait till you see this.

9. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Robert, I've merged your latest post into the prior thread about the reruns of The Wire. There was no need to start a new thread.

M.

10. Mathew Shelby

Mathew Shelby Second Unit

Any word when the second season will begin?

11. RobertW

RobertW Supporting Actor

i think right after they get done with re-running the first season. 13 weeks would make it may 25th, just in time for the networks' summer re-run season.

12. LennyP

LennyP Supporting Actor

13. RobertW

RobertW Supporting Actor

i thought that looked funny when i typed it. :b