What's new

HBO Series...Upcoming Premieres? (1 Viewer)

Matthew_S

Second Unit
does anyone know of a good site to keep up with HBO's series schedules? Their site seems sketchy at best when it comes to their series' news and premiere dates. Wondering what's upcoming after SFU and Entourage finish....The Wire? And that new repo-man reality series or something? What about Deadwood? When's that coming back? Thanks.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
HBO's site is just fine, as long as you aren't looking months ahead. If you want to know what follows SFU and Entourage, just check the schedule for the Sunday following their finales, which are Sept. 5. They're listing The Wire in the 9pm slot and a new show called Family Bonds at 10pm.

As for Deadwood, they probably haven't decided yet.

M.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I finally dropped HBO from my DirecTV subscription. I got sick of seeing Men in Black II every other time I flipped by.

I'll pick it back up again when Carnivale returns.

Matthew_S

Second Unit

So true. The only reason i have hbo is for their original programming. Which brings me to another gripe. Why can't they have more original programs and then i don't know - HAVE THEM ON OTHER NIGHTS EXCEPT FOR SUNDAY. Jeez, is Sunday the only day of the week for HBO? No wonder why Arrested Development is doing so badly. Every network has their best stuff on at the same time. Makes no sense to me. I want to watch TV other nights besides for Sunday but there's nothing good on. It's kind of like how they finally realized that people will watch new shows in the summer.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D

Yeah, thank god for Tivo with 2 Tuners. I can watch SFU in HD in the living room, and have anything else taped in the bedroom. I wouldve thought that the networks would just give up Sunday to HBO and call it a day. they should.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D

I think so. plus they play it on the west coast feed shortly after the east coast feed. But the networks dont repeat the weekly shows during the week, and theres enough on during the week. So Sundays is still the best time for HBO if you have it, IMO. Plus their shows are just on a higher level of priority. Besides, if I Tivo the network shows, I cant skip the commercials. instead of shaving off all those extra minutes of my life.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"I finally dropped HBO from my DirecTV subscription. I got sick of seeing Men in Black II every other time I flipped by."

The same can be said of the other movie channels as well. They replay the same thing over and over and over again. This is good when theres something new you want to see and missed it. In a day or two itll be repeating, but bad when the same movies replay continuously. Day after day, month after month.

Remember the old days of channels like Cinemax when they had a wide variety of films theyd play. Now its the same shit over and over again.

If I had to pick, Id keep HBO and tyhe Starz package.

Lately I havent even been watching the movie channels,Ive seen it all and since I just bought a house and Im planning on a massive remodel, Ive been watching the HGTV and DIY channels - which my G/F thinks is hysterical since I always used to say to her "Turn that shit off" when she'd watch it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks