What's new

HBO: please release OZ on DVD. (1 Viewer)

Being my favorite show currently on TV I am anxious to get this on DVD. Perhaps it doesn't have an audience big as Sopranos' but definitely some hard-core followers.
Is it economically viable to invest on Tv-show that has smaller audience than other HBO hit shows like Sopranos or Sex and The City? Let's not forget that there are only 8 episodes per season on OZ. And with reasonable pricing it would be more easier for the consumer to give the show a chance.
First season with recommended price of $39.99-$49.99 would sell well. (8 episodes fit perfectly on 2 dvds)
There must be some fans here on the forum, so I would like to encourage them to speak out. Now.
Thanks.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I would buy the series on DVD in a heartbeat. (The only thing about your post...your price is way too high...I would say maybe the same price lines along with Sex In The City.)
The series has a following and I know would be welcomed.

GaryEA

Second Unit
I would gladly by "Oz" on disc.
Hbo has been doing a pretty good job with their releases of "The Sopranos" and "Sex and the City". I'm sure "Band of Brothers will be exceptional.
I hope they release it.
Gary
------------------
"My life has a superb cast, but I can't figure out the plot..."
-- Ashleigh Brilliant

Hopefully there's more than three people on this forum that like "Oz". :)
Chuck, I meant that the list price would be between 39.99 and 49.99. If I remember correctly that's pretty close what "Sex and the City" is priced.
Further suggestion:
1)Season Four (16 episodes) of "Oz" was broadcasted in two halves as season 4a and season 4b. Perhaps HBO could release them in such way too.
2)Release the sets biannually, because one year wait is too long. (I'm gonna buy both "The Sopranos" sets when the second one is released.)

Tom Rhea

Second Unit
Being a Farscape, Trek, Avengers, Prisoner, Monty Python, Twin Peaks and Simpsons fanatic, I'm trying to limit the number of TV series that I have to collect, but I would gladly ad OZ to the list. It is far and away the most intense dramatic series I've ever seen.

Trace Downing

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trace Downing
This series comes up here an awful lot.
I love it, and would buy it in a heartbeat. But...
HBO doesn't own it. It's produced by Rysher Entertainment, and distributed by Paramount. HBO just shows it.
We had some people ask about it to HBO, and Martin Blythe (Paramount), last year and neither has the rights to it. So, I think it's up to Rysher. I've never seen any DVDs made by them, though.
Dreamworks apparently will release "Band of Brothers" next fall 2002. There's a thread about it in Software.
So, whoever has the video rights, please start working on Oz.

Gerard Priori

Stunt Coordinator
I'm stunned that the series hasn't been released on DVD yet. I wonder what's the reason for the hold up. I've been waiting for a DVD release of OZ for a few years now. (And it looks like my wait will continue for the foreseeable future.)
-Jerry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks