What's new

HBO Please release DVDs in the Original Aspect Ratio (1 Viewer)

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
I want to buy Dorothy Dandridge and Disappearing Acts to name a few. However, I refuse because I do not believe they are not in OAR. Please release OAR DVDs in addition to the pan and scan versions.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
HBO has a lot of discs that are actually widescreen only, but not labeled as such as any way on the cover- I have Night Flier, Hitcher and Serial Mom which I bought only after finding out they were widescreen. Having once had the HBO cable channel a long time ago though, the name is something to be wary of.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
THE CHANGELING and FORT APACHE, THE BRONX are also 1.85:1.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Shadowlands & The Grifters are 2 more titles that are widescreen but don't say so on the cover.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
If they all were made for tv, why are some widescreen and some for Pan and Scan only
Not all of them were made for TV. Films like Serial Mom were released to theaters by Savoy Pictures or other film companies and were released onto video by HBO (that's why some titles are in widescreen).

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I am pretty sure that *61 DID come to a theater by me. I didn't go to see it so I could be wrong.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
So, does that mean that all new HBO movies are in widescreen. Also, I noticed that the new movies about slaves were in widescreen even on regular HBO, why. (I wish that they did this for all movies but why just these.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks