What's new

HBO Max HBO Max - AT&T / WarnerMedia's Streaming Service (Official Thread) (1 Viewer)

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
I wanted something lightweight to watch tonight, and so twenty years late I'm watching the very first Fast and Furious movie on hbomax. I haven't seen any of them. Seems okay so far at 32 minutes in. Since I grew up near LA there's a bit of a nostalgia factor for the setting.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It’s one of the rare franchises where the films actually get better as they go. 1-3 are mostly forgettable in my book, but around the 4th or 5th one they decided to turn it from a street racing franchise to a family driven outlandish heist franchise, and the bigger and noisier and dumber it got, the more fun it became.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Good to hear they get better as they go, although I'm liking the first one well enough as popcorn entertainment. There's a monologue that Vin Diesel gives at 57 minutes in about how his dad died in a fiery car crash. Because of Paul Walker's fate it is rather eerie.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
July 2021 On HBOMAX

Full List of What’s New on HBO Max - July 2021

July 1:

• ¡Come! (aka Eat!), 2020
  • 8 Mile, 2002 (HBO)
  • 54, 1998 (Director’s Cut) (HBO)
  • All Dogs Go to Heaven 2, 1996 (HBO)
  • All Dogs Go to Heaven, 1989 (HBO)
  • Battle for the Planet of the Apes, 1973 (Extended Version) (HBO)
  • Behind Enemy Lines, 1997 (HBO)
  • Beneath the Planet of the Apes, 1970 (HBO)
  • Bio-Dome, 1996 (HBO)
  • Black Panthers, 1968
  • Blackhat, 2015 (HBO)
  • Brubaker, 1980 (HBO)
  • Cantinflas (HBO)
  • Conquest of the Planet of the Apes, 1972 (Extended Version) (HBO)
  • Cousins, 1989 (HBO)
  • Dark Water, 2005 (HBO)
  • Darkness Falls, 2003 (HBO)
  • Demolition Man, 1993
  • Dirty Work, 1998 (HBO)
  • Disturbia, 2007 (HBO)
  • Doctor Who Holiday 2020 Special: Revolution of the Daleks, 2020
  • Duplex, 2003 (HBO)
  • Escape from the Planet of the Apes, 1971 (HBO)
  • Eve's Bayou, 1997
  • Firestarter, 1984 (HBO)
  • First, 2012
  • For Colored Girls, 2010 (HBO)
  • For Greater Glory: The True Story of Cristiada, 2012 (HBO)
  • Full Bloom, Max Original Season 2 Finale - Full Bloom finds ten talented and innovative up-and-coming florists bringing their spectacular creative visions to a grueling but gorgeous competition series. In each episode, the budding botanical artists are put to the test in both individual and team challenges that determine whose stems get cut – and who remains in the running for the career-changing $100,000 grand prize to kickstart their business.
  • Gandhi, 1982
  • Ghost in the Machine, 1993 (HBO)
  • The Good Lie, 2014 (HBO)
  • Gun Crazy, 1950
  • House on Haunted Hill, 1999
  • Identity Thief, 2013 (Extended Version) (HBO)
  • Ira & Abby, 2007 (HBO)
  • Joe Versus the Volcano, 1990
  • Judas and the Black Messiah, 2021 (HBO)
  • Laws Of Attraction, 2004 (HBO)
  • Lucky, 2017 (HBO)
  • Maid in Manhattan, 2002
  • Married to the Mob, 1988 (HBO)
  • Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, 1997
  • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie, 1995 (HBO)
  • Miracle on 34th Street, 1947 (HBO)
  • Mississippi Burning, 1988 (HBO)
  • Monster-In-Law, 2005
  • Mousehunt, 1997 (HBO)
  • My Brother Luca (HBO)
  • No Sudden Move, Warner Bros. Film Premiere, 2021 - Set in 1954 Detroit, No Sudden Move centers on a group of small-time criminals who are hired to steal what they think is a simple document. When their plan goes horribly wrong, their search for who hired them – and for what ultimate purpose – weaves them through all echelons of the race-torn, rapidly changing city.
  • Planet of the Apes, 1968 (HBO)
  • Pleasantville, 1998
  • The Prince of Tides, 1991
  • Project X, 1987 (HBO)
  • The Punisher, 2017 (HBO)
  • Punisher: War Zone, 2008 (HBO)
  • Rambo, 2008 (Director's Cut) (HBO)
  • Reds, 1981 (HBO)
  • Reservoir Dogs, 1992 (HBO)
  • The Return of the Living Dead, 1985 (HBO)
  • Return of the Living Dead III, 1993 (Extended Version) (HBO)
  • Rounders, 1998 (HBO)
  • Saturday Night Fever, 1977 (Director's Cut) (HBO)
  • Scream, 1996
  • Scream 2, 1997
  • Scream 3, 2000
  • Semi-Tough, 1977 (HBO)
  • The Sessions, 2012 (HBO)
  • Set Up, 2012 (HBO)
  • Snake Eyes, 1998 (HBO)
  • Staying Alive, 1983 (HBO)
  • Stuart Little, 1999
  • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, 2003
  • Tom and Jerry in New York, Max Original Series Premiere
  • Trick 'R Treat, 2009 (HBO)
  • Tyler Perry's Daddy's Little Girls, 2007 (HBO)
  • Tyler Perry's Diary of a Mad Black Woman, 2005 (HBO)
  • Tyler Perry's I Can Do Bad All by Myself, 2009 (HBO)
  • Tyler Perry's Madea Goes To Jail, 2009 (HBO)
  • Tyler Perry's Madea's Big Happy Family, 2011 (HBO)
  • Tyler Perry's Madea's Family Reunion, 2006 (HBO)
  • Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married Too, 2010 (HBO)
  • The Watcher, 2016 (HBO)
  • The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep, 2007 (HBO)
  • Westworld (Movie), 1973
  • White Chicks (Unrated & Uncut Version), 2004
  • The White Stadium, 1928
  • Won't Back Down, 2012 (HBO)
  • Zero Days, 2016 (HBO)
July 2:

• Lo Que Siento por Ti (aka What I Feel for You) (HBO)
July 3:

• Let Him Go, 2020 (HBO)
  • Nancy Drew, Season 2
July 7:

• Dr. STONE, Seasons 1 and 2 (Subtitled) (Crunchyroll Collection)
  • Shiva Baby, 2021 (HBO)
July 8:

• The Dog House UK, Max Original Season 2 Premiere
  • Genera+ion, Max Original Season 1 Finale
  • Gossip Girl, Max Original Series Premiere - This extension of the pop culture classic takes us back to the Upper East Side finding a new generation of New York private school teens being introduced to social surveillance nine years after the original blogger’s website went dark.
  • Human Capital, 2020 (HBO)
  • The Hunt, 2020 (HBO)
  • Looney Tunes Cartoons, Max Original Season 2 Premiere
July 9:

• Frankie Quinones: Superhomies (HBO)
July 11:

• The White Lotus, Limited Series Premiere (HBO)
    • A social satire set at an exclusive tropical resort, this six-episode limited series follows the exploits of various guests and employees over the span of a week.
July 12:

• Catch and Kill: The Podcast Tapes, Documentary Series Premiere (HBO) - A six-part, half-hour documentary series directed by Emmy® winners Fenton Bailey and Randy Barbato, brings to life Ronan Farrow’s intimate, revealing interviews with whistleblowers, journalists, private investigators and other sources, conducted for the Pulitzer-Prize winning journalist’s hit podcast and bestselling book “Catch and Kill: Lies, Spies and A Conspiracy to Protect Predators.”
  • Wellington Paranormal, Season 1
July 15:

• Tom & Jerry, 2021 (HBO)
July 16:

• Betty, Season 2 Finale (HBO)
  • Space Jam: A New Legacy, Warner Bros. Film Premiere, 2021 (Only available on the $14.99/month Ad-Free plan. Streaming in the US only for a limited time.)
  • Un Disfraz Para Nicolas (aka A Costume for Nicolas) (HBO)
July 17:

• The Empty Man, 2020 (HBO)
July 22:

• Through Our Eyes, Max Original Documentary Series Premiere
July 23:

• Corazon De Mezquite (aka Mezquite's Heart) (HBO)
July 24:

• r, 2020 (HBO)
July 26:

• Catch and Kill: The Podcast Tapes, Documentary Series Finale (HBO)
July 27:

• Batwoman, Season 2
  • Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel (HBO)
July 30:

• Romeo Santos Utopia Live from MetLife Stadium, 2021
  • Romeo Santos: King of Bachata, 2021
  • Uno Para Todos (aka One for All) (HBO)

Ken Koc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
If I didn't get this streaming service free, I would drop it because they have basically dropped showing classic movies from their Warner film library
HBOMAX , it started so promising and now with each month , it get worse and worse. It is a reflection of the demise of the Warner Archives ( the WA that mentioned what kind of transfer in the blu ray title information.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
If I didn't get this streaming service free, I would drop it because they have basically dropped showing classic movies from their Warner film library.
Sad but true and I'm not finding any original series that interest me here either. I am still keeping HBOmax for more recent movies, the movie premieres and some of their animated catalog but I'm not sure how much longer. Disney plus is frustratingly slow on adding classic material but at least they do add some and I really enjoy alot of their original programming. HBOmax is slowly becoming Netflix for me a service I used to watch constantly but now rarely watch. The only reason I keep Netflix is because I get it for free with Tmobile

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Maybe the situation will improve in time now that Warner and HBO Max won't be under AT&T's control much longer... assuming the spin-off into merger w/ Discovery goes thru w/out a hitch...

_Man_

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The That's Entertainment films are on HBOMAX this month. They appear to be old transfers. They are missing their overtures and the color is not great. They don't have film grain from the blu rays in the black and white clips.

They seem to be having a Hallmark style early Christmas with such films as Holiday Affair, Shop Around The Comer, Meet Me In St Louis, A Christmas Carol (1938), The Man Who Came To Dinner, and It happened on Fifth Ave. this September.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
The That's Entertainment films are on HBOMAX this month. They appear to be old transfers. They are missing their overtures and the color is not great. They don't have film grain from the blu rays in the black and white clips.

They seem to be having a Hallmark style early Christmas with such films as Holiday Affair, Shop Around The Comer, Meet Me In St Louis, A Christmas Carol (1938), The Man Who Came To Dinner, and It happened on Fifth Ave. this September.
Frankly, since the first several months, this streaming service has declined in value for most classic film buffs. They have taken a significant step back in that regard. I hope that changes with new leadership calling the shots.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Anything binge-worthy added to HBO Max since beginning of the year? And have they improved the 4K streaming quality (that was kinda atrocious for WW84 during its exclusive window)?

Otherwise, I'm probably just waiting for the final(?) season of His Dark Materials (next year)... or maybe Matrix 4 I guess (in Dec?), if that's (still?) gonna be released in exclusive window on the service...

Hmmm... apparently, I remembered wrong(?) about HBO Max exclusivity for Matrix 4 (not to mention Dune as well). Guess that's one less reason to reactivate unless the pandemic worsens around its theatrical release...

_Man_

Last edited:

Jay_Z_525

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason

I noticed that The Man Who Came to Dinner is in HD, which I don’t remember last year. Could this mean a Blu-ray release is possible this year??

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
HBO Max offering 50% off, $7.49 a month, for 6 months due to HBO leaving Amazon Prime Channels.

Hell, I didn't even know that Amazon Prime Channels were on HBO Max.:blush: Anyhow, I get HBO Max free with my DirecTV subscription.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StreetPreacher
Recent bookmarks