What's new

HBO Max HBO Max (Official Thread) (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Apparently there is a preorder discount rate of $11.99 per month for 12 months. I wanted a better offer for HBO subscribers that get the service from non AT&T providers.

This promotional offer gives subscribers access to HBO NOW upon enrollment at a discounted rate of $11.99/mo. and access to HBO Max on May 27 on supported devices at the continued discounted rate for the remainder of the promotion period.

Last edited:

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Looks like everyone but HBO GO is getting Max free.

It depends what TV provider you are getting your Go service from. Charter, AT&T, YouTube TV, etc subscribers will be getting Max free...

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I hope so. We get Go through our att phone service by way of the defunct ATT TV app.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I hope so. We get Go through our att phone service by way of the defunct ATT TV app.

"HBO Max has all your favorites, all in one place. Plus, it will be included with any AT&T plan that currently includes HBO."

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
With the announcement of the Hulu deal it gives me hope that Warner Media will make other deals in the coming weeks with cable providers of HBO. Stay tuned.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Apparently there is a preorder discount rate of $11.99 per month for 12 months. I wanted a better offer for HBO subscribers that get the service from non AT&T providers.

This promotional offer gives subscribers access to HBO NOW upon enrollment at a discounted rate of $11.99/mo. and access to HBO Max on May 27 on supported devices at the continued discounted rate for the remainder of the promotion period.

Yup, I just cancelled my HBO via Fios and ordered the $12 deal. I'm this close to sending my DVR back to Fios too.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Correct me if I'm wrong but the only way to get HBOGo (as opposed HBO NOW) is to be an actual HBO subscriber.

"Go" is for people who get HBO indirectly through something like a cable subscription or in Tony's case his AT&T. "Now" is something you subscribe to directly.

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
We are not hbo subscribers.
As I mentioned we get HBO GO through our AtT cell contract as a perk

I have no other way to access hbo other then the Go apps

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
We are not hbo subscribers.
As I mentioned we get HBO GO through our AtT cell contract as a perk

I have no other way to access hbo other then the Go apps
No you get free straight up HBO as part of your cellphone plan. If you were a DirecTV/Uverse customer, you would also have the terrestrial network for free, I know this because I have the same plan. The only way you can access HBOGo is if you have a subscription to the tv channel and its the same case with MaxGo as well.

That said you are elligible for free HBOMax.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So far I'm not impressed by what HBO Max is offering, but I'm getting it free so I'll see how I like it starting in two weeks from today.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The way I see it, I pay for HBO Now anyway and Max has all that stuff at the same price so might as well switch. So my expectations are pretty low.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
This article has a good overview of HBO Max .

This article explains difference between HBO Go and HBO Max

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I tried contacting Verizon Fios to see if any deals were pending allowing access to HBO MAX to existing HBO subscribers and got no where. The automated chat kept answering my questions as if I was asking about HBO GO. I then thought I was chatting with a real person but it ended the chat when I asked about HBO MAX. I will probably drop HBO from Verizon for HBO MAX streaming but will wait until May 26th just in case there is some deal announced.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Every time I see an explanation, I seem to understand less, as they seem contradictory, or have too many qualifying clauses.

My wife and I get HBO through our Comcast subscription. We also subscribe to (with access through our Samsung Smart-TV apps; we can get to some of them through Comcast, but we prefer to do so through the TV apps) Prime and Hulu (and CBS All Access via Prime). Will we get HBO Max gratis?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
People who subscribe to HBO via their cable or satellite providers will get access to HBO Max once it launches.

If you subscribe to the HBO Now app directly on the HBO website, you’ll get access to HBO Max once it launches.

If you subscribe to the HBO Now app through another service or device - for instance, if you have an AppleTV and choose to sign up through iTunes and be billed by Apple - you will not get HBO Max. But since Max includes everything that’s on Now and costs the same, the easy move there is to simply cancel Now and subscribe to Max instead.

There is also a promo at HBO’s website where you can “preorder” Max now and pay just $11.99 a month for the first year instead of $14.99. If you do that (and it is open to both new and existing customers), they will give you access to Now today, and then transfer your account to Max when it launches.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks