HBO has canceled MIND OF THE MARRIED MAN

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Reuben, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Not surprising, really. The show was poorly reviewed and never built an audience. But it's unfortunate, because for those few still watching, the second season showed major improvement.
    http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...eut/index.html
    At least HBO can't be faulted for failing to give a new show a decent chance (unlike, say, Fox).
    M.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I tried watching this show, but it never grabbed my attention enough to want to really care about these characters. I won't mourn for this show's passing.

3. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Weird thing maybe, but for me the thing that put me off was the accents and the hairstyles of the characters. [​IMG]
    Was it supposed to be set in the 70's or did it just look like it?

4. George Hunka

George Hunka Extra

It was not as unwatchable as, say, Sex and the City, and it made its uncomfortable points well. But then, if you want to see this sort of thing done right, there's the BBC's Manchild, which runs on BBC America pretty regularly -- ABC or CBS is developing an American version.

5. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i also couldn't get into this show. not sure what it was. i just didn't "believe" the characters. none of them.
    plus mickey was just so whiny all the time. i kept on saying, "dude...get your s**t together!"
    but his wife...now that was something worth writing home about. [​IMG]

6. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

I had mixed feelings about the show also, last season was well-done for the most part, but I just couldn't get over the feeling that the husband was a bit of an ass.
    Lesson learned for the TV programmers: Don't portray men too realistically; nobody will like them. [​IMG]

7. ScottH

ScottH Producer

Scott Hanson
    That is too bad. This was one of the better "comedy" shows to come around in a long time. I'll admit the Mike Binder character could get annoying at times, but the Jake Weber character more than made up for it. Easily the funniest character on television. I guess now we'll never know what ends up happening with his marriage...[​IMG] And don't forget about the M. Emmitt Walsh character as well! Great stuff.

8. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    (sniff) no more (blubber) no mo (sob) no more Ivana Milicevic!?!? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    She played Micke's secretary Missy for those wondering. Damn she was a goddess!!!!