What's new

HBO going all out for "Rome" (1 Viewer)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
hate to revisit this but i didn't see any other recent threads.

what do ya'll think about the show? it takes place across a vast span of time very quickly!

i went to a private Catholic HS and had a lot of classics .edu tunneled into me. i did recognize a lot of the names/stories/myths. one of my friends from hs is now teaching the classics (Greek/Latin/Mythology) in a local HS. he's seen it and he affirms that the show is fairly accurate with a lot of obvious creative licenses where history doesn't record itself.

what surprised me wasn't the violence. what was surprising is the scope of the story from Casaer marching into Rome and his imminent finality. i never thought of it in the scope in which the creators made it =). i'll be renting the DVDs to watch the making of's.

didn't the gladiator scene kickass =).

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
There's a more fully developed thread discussing the series: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=241070
which I see you posted in too.

If you haven't already read that entire thread, please do, some knowledgeable members have given the rest of us plebs a lot of interesting information as to the real life and times of Gaius Julius Caesar and the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks