HBO: Fortress Special Edition Re-Release

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ken_Jones, Nov 25, 2001.

1. Ken_Jones

Ken_Jones Stunt Coordinator

Hello HBO,
    It would be great if you could re-release the movie Fortress. This movie was made for TV in 1986 and has been shown on cable a lot very recently. It's a great and very underrated movie that has been out of print and unavailable for a very long time. For more on it you can go to http://us.imdb.com/Title?0091069
    Being that it's been OOP for so long, it would be great if you could plan to release this sometime in 2002 and as a Special Edition, in it's original 1.85:1 aspect ratio (or 2.35:1 if you can somehow convert it) with a 16x9 enhancement, Dolby Digital EX 6.1 and DTS 5.1, and some nice extras, like an audio/video Commentary by the actors who played the masked men and the kids who've grown up now. Other extras that would be nice are a making-of featurette (this movie is very popular in Australia, so it's possible there could be some behind-the-scenes footage existing somewhere), a featurette on the kidnapping that inspired the movie, a photo gallery, and anything else. Please do this HBO.
    Fortress Special Edition DVD Re-Release For 2002!

2. Nathan_R

Nathan_R Supporting Actor

Oooh, I'm all over this! I love this movie and would appreciate having it in my collection.

Hoping for the best,

~~Nathan

3. Ken_Jones

Thanks, I've seen this movie numerous times and it's become one of my most wanted DVDs.

4. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

Two words: Director's Cut.

I saw Fortress at the Boston Sci-fi Movie Marathon prior to its release. It was a print of the directors cut. A bit more intense and with a completely different (and superior) ending.

Please release a directors cut of Fortress in Anamorphic Widescreen.

Commentary would be nice too!

5. Nathan_R

Nathan_R Supporting Actor

Fortress at a Sci-Fi marathon? Hmmm, sounds more like the Christophe Lambert film than the Rachel Ward one.
    But if it was the TV one, I'm drooling at the possibility of a director's cut...
    [​IMG]
    ~~Nathan

6. Ken_Jones

We're talking about another movie called Fortress, it was made for television in 1986, I even threw a link to it.

However, if there is a director's cut of this one, I'm all for it!