What's new

HBO: Fortress Special Edition Re-Release (1 Viewer)

Ken_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Hello HBO,
It would be great if you could re-release the movie Fortress. This movie was made for TV in 1986 and has been shown on cable a lot very recently. It's a great and very underrated movie that has been out of print and unavailable for a very long time. For more on it you can go to Link Removed
Being that it's been OOP for so long, it would be great if you could plan to release this sometime in 2002 and as a Special Edition, in it's original 1.85:1 aspect ratio (or 2.35:1 if you can somehow convert it) with a 16x9 enhancement, Dolby Digital EX 6.1 and DTS 5.1, and some nice extras, like an audio/video Commentary by the actors who played the masked men and the kids who've grown up now. Other extras that would be nice are a making-of featurette (this movie is very popular in Australia, so it's possible there could be some behind-the-scenes footage existing somewhere), a featurette on the kidnapping that inspired the movie, a photo gallery, and anything else. Please do this HBO.
Fortress Special Edition DVD Re-Release For 2002!

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
Oooh, I'm all over this! I love this movie and would appreciate having it in my collection.

Hoping for the best,

~~Nathan

Ken_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, I've seen this movie numerous times and it's become one of my most wanted DVDs.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Two words: Director's Cut.

I saw Fortress at the Boston Sci-fi Movie Marathon prior to its release. It was a print of the directors cut. A bit more intense and with a completely different (and superior) ending.

Please release a directors cut of Fortress in Anamorphic Widescreen.

Commentary would be nice too!

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
Fortress at a Sci-Fi marathon? Hmmm, sounds more like the Christophe Lambert film than the Rachel Ward one.
But if it was the TV one, I'm drooling at the possibility of a director's cut...
:)
~~Nathan

Ken_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
We're talking about another movie called Fortress, it was made for television in 1986, I even threw a link to it.

However, if there is a director's cut of this one, I'm all for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks