What's new

HBO 5.1 on Directv: Sound problems?? (1 Viewer)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I've noticed over the last few days, that the two HBO channels are finally displaying the DD 5.1 logo on the info banner my RCA 5451 has when you change channel's. The few times I've tuned in to see if it's true 5.1 movie showing, my receiver shows "Digital" "Pro Logic". I haven't yet be able to sample a true 5.1 movie on either channel.
The one strange thing I did notice on both channels, that doesn't occur on any other Directv channel, is a lot of audio drop outs. Has anyone else noticed this since the switch to HBO 5.1?? It even occurs on my 2nd bedroom reciever, so I know it's not my RCA 5451 acting up.
Thanks for any input you might have
Alfer
------------------
Check out my new Home Theater site and my NEW HT 6.1 Pic's at Link Removed
Join my new Yahoo "Club Enormodome" for LIVE HT and DVD chats at: Link Removed

Phil O

Agent
I have audio drop-outs occassionally as well on STARZ and the HBO DD-enabled channels. It has happened many times and I am not surprised at all by it any more. It is pretty damn flaky, though. I wish they could work it out once and for all. I would also like to know why it happens.
I did catch a DD movie broadcast on one of those HBO DD channels...I forget which one. So, they are showing some DD enabled programming for select material.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks