What's new

Hazel season 2? (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Hazel, Season 2 and 3, are currently at Amazon for $18.49 each. Season 3 is out next month.
Season 1 is $13.99.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
I finally got around to buying S2 of Hazel this past weekend and was surprised that the show was in color (it said B&W on the outer box). I was also surprised that the first episode had no laugh track. Did they do away with the laugh track or is it just missing?

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
If I remember correctly, the laugh track returns with the twelfth episode. The first eleven episodes did originally have the same laugh track as all the other episodes, but it's missing not only from the episodes on the DVD, but from the episodes as shown now on Antenna TV. I don't know enough about this to explain what in the world happened to it and why.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Mr. Handley said:
I finally got around to buying S2 of Hazel this past weekend and was surprised that the show was in color (it said B&W on the outer box). I was also surprised that the first episode had no laugh track. Did they do away with the laugh track or is it just missing?
Joe Lugoff said:
If I remember correctly, the laugh track returns with the twelfth episode. The first eleven episodes did originally have the same laugh track as all the other episodes, but it's missing not only from the episodes on the DVD, but from the episodes as shown now on Antenna TV. I don't know enough about this to explain what in the world happened to it and why.
The Sony Screen Gems sitcoms have varying degrees of problems with some of the audio elements at times. I wished they had left the damaged laugh tracks off the dvds of some I Dream of Jeannie episodes. Instead they replaced them with current, very loud, very obnoxious laugh tracks that sound NOTHING like the ones used in the Screen Gems programs. It's quite jarring. Jeannie even had some music replacement in a couple of episodes on dvd, but at least they used music cues from other episodes and not new, unrelated music.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
classicmovieguy said:
Wasn't Season 5 when the show changed networks? Might be a whole other kettle of fish, rights-wise for Shout...
That's doubtful. The show was still owned by Screen Gems (Columbia Pictures) not by either network

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Back to the S1 color episode for a moment...

Was that episode NBC's way of trying to sell color TV sets?

It was a good episode... but part of me was thinking that since it was the only color episode, and so early in the season, it was the network asking for an episode that would extoll the virtues of color TV.

Or, maybe I'm off base, and it was Screen Gems testing for a switch to color with S2.

/Oh, and as for the color before 1966 discussion, Adventures of Superman S3-6 were filmed in color in the mid-1950s.

LCD22

Screenwriter
JohnMor said:
The Sony Screen Gems sitcoms have varying degrees of problems with some of the audio elements at times. I wished they had left the damaged laugh tracks off the dvds of some I Dream of Jeannie episodes. Instead they replaced them with current, very loud, very obnoxious laugh tracks that sound NOTHING like the ones used in the Screen Gems programs. It's quite jarring. Jeannie even had some music replacement in a couple of episodes on dvd, but at least they used music cues from other episodes and not new, unrelated music.
Were there any episodes affected by replacement of laugh tracks and/or music cues in the first season (B&W) set?

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
ChrisCook said:
Were there any episodes affected by replacement of laugh tracks and/or music cues in the first season (B&W) set?
Not that I noticed. The ones I noticed were in the Season 2 set.

LCD22

Screenwriter
I did some digging and "Russian Roulette" was one of the episodes cited. Other episodes (although unspecified) in the Season 1 set, according to another poster on Sitcoms Online, had replaced laugh tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks