Hazel on DVD (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I tried to contact Sony several times:

—To complain about cut episodes of "Sanford and Son"
—To tell them I would not buy the pan and scan "special" editions of Annie and Matilda
—To complain about alterations to Bewitched: The "Complete" Third Season

Not once did I get a response.

At 910 minutes, with 35 episodes, that's 26 minutes per episode. Seems that they will not be cut or altered. Of course, never having seen the show, except for the 20 some episodes that TV Land kept airing a few years ago, I wouldn't know if the shows were altered anyway.

Sorry that you didn't even get a reply to your concerns.

I have no proof that the release of Hazel was prompted by supporters' contact. But I know that posters to TVland's Message Boards were very passionate about the show. I posted contact info for Sony there too. It does seem odd, that of all the titles Sony could have released next, that they chose Hazel. So, I conclude that the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Unfortunately, it's been proven in the past that running times included in press releases and printed on boxes sometimes do not match what is actually put on the DVD's. Hopefully, "Hazel" is getting better treatment.

If all is well, I will gladly purchase the set. :emoji_thumbsup:

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Well, that's all I need to know -- the episodes are uncut, not colorized, all there in order and the prints are sharp and clean and look better than the show has every looked before. And $29.98 MSRP isn't bad for so many episodes. So "Hazel" now has at least one guaranteed sale.

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
I can't wait for this dvd.I enjoyed watching the reruns on tvland.but getting these episodes uncut on dvd.is far better.I got mine for $19,49 at amazon.and since I had something else to get I got the free shipping not to bad.for that number of episodes.hopefully we will see season 2.sometime early next year.also I hope this is a sign that sony will begin to release some of their other classic tv shows.father knows best and the donna reed show come to mind.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I used to watch this series in syndication when I was a kid, but I don't think they ever ran the B/W first season episodes.

I found the set on sale and an enjoying revisiting this series again. It's hokey fun.

I was glad to see that the 6th episode was presented in the original color on the set. I had read about how they shot just one first season episode in color (the plot deals with hazel getting a color TV set) and indeed, it's presented that way on the set. The rest of the shows are in the original B/W.

The series switched to color in the second season, which was uncommon in 1962 as most series didn't make the jump for a few more years.

JeffWld

Stunt Coordinator

Although this is true for CBS and ABC, "Hazel" was one of the few NBC shows that was not in color by 1962.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I will. I love that show. Watching Hazel as a very small child was very comforting. I remember it warmly even though I was about 4 or 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks