What's new

Disney+ Hawkeye (Marvel Cinematic Universe) (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Obviously, the pandemic sucks on pretty much every level and I wish it had never happened. I want to be clear that I am in no way saying that the pandemic is a good thing because it is absolutely categorically not.

That being said, one of the unexpected benefits of Black Widow being delayed so long is that once it finally got here, we didn't have to wait very long for Yelena's next appearance.

Usually, even when a MCU movie is very successful, it will understandably take a while for them to write and produce something else featuring those characters. But in this case, we had to wait less than six months for Yelena to return. I loved seeing Scarlett Johansson as Natasha one more time in Black Widow, but I already knew I was going to love seeing her in it. For me, and I think for a lot of people, Yelena was the breakout character from that movie, and it is great that they had this project waiting in the wings for her. Florence Pugh was just as much of a highlight in last week's episode as she was in the movie, and I can't wait to see what she does this week.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I thought Pugh did a great job as Yelena in Hawkeye. She seemed really at ease in the role, which bodes well for the character moving forward.

And did anyone else get more of an Albert Finney as Daddy Warbucks vibe from that fuzzy image of Kingpin, than that of D'Onofrio? :)

finney-daddy.jpeg

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I don't want to spoil the finale for anybody, so for right now I'll just say that I really liked it. But I did want to let everyone know that there is a hilarious mid-credits scene this week, which is the first one they've had all season. It is after the stylized credits but before the long block of names, so make sure you all stay tuned for that.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm kind of ambivalent about this last episode. I think I'll watch it again later today to see if some of that ambivalence goes away.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Okay, wow.
The opening scene did anynone notice the heavy voice modulation added to Kingpin’s voice? Brilliant. It continued throughout the episode.
The chair sounding like it was barely able to sustain his weight.
The purple pants. The Cain. Amazing.
The Kingpin took a couple of steps towards Kazi. The sound, the weight. You could feel it. You could hear it.
Kingpin was monstrous.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I don't believe that they would bring back that character for essentially one episode and then kill him off. There is too much storytelling opportunity to be had with him. But they obviously left it as vague as possible in order to keep their options open for where and when to use him next.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
We will probably going to need to wait for the Echo series to see the actual resolution of that encounter.

I don't believe that they would bring back that character for essentially one episode and then kill him off. There is too much storytelling opportunity to be had with him. But they obviously left it as vague as possible in order to keep their options open for where and when to use him next.
I didn't realize Echo was getting her own series until I just looked up the actress's info. I think it makes sense that Kingpin would play an integral part of that show. And perhaps see Daredevil turn up again?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm not disputing the gunshots at all. I just don't think that either of the gunshots was fatal.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Regarding whether Fisk is killed by Maya... (based on the comics)

I haven't read it myself, but if the MCU follows the storyline in the comics where Maya/Echo shoots Fisk.... he is later shown to have band-aids/gauze over his eyes.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm kind of ambivalent about this last episode. I think I'll watch it again later today to see if some of that ambivalence goes away.
The problem I had with this finale is similar to the problem I had with the "WandaVision" finale: After a buildup full of intricate plotting and intrigue, the story resolves with a bunch of characters pummeling the shit out of each other.

The big climactic action sequence is sort of baked into the superhero genre, but I'm starting to get bored by it. My favorite scene in the episode was the conversation between Clint and Yelena on the ice at Rockefeller Center: Two hurt people commiserating over their separate love for the same person. And you really see how young Yelena is in that moment, and how Clint is able to be the grownup even though she was about to kill him moments earlier.

I also thought it was a revealing character moment when Kate was the one to turn her mother over to the authorities. And it wasn't done out of anger or a sense of betrayal; if anything, Kate was more disappointed in her mom than anything else. But she has a clear understanding of right and wrong, and her mother was on the wrong side of that line and needed to face the consequences.

I was a bit confused by the payoff with the Rolex that served as one of the MacGuffins of this series:
It appears that it was Laura's and there was a 19 under the SHIELD logo. Agent 19 in the comics, of course, was Mockingbird -- and Mrs. Clint Barton. But given how liberally they've borrowed from the Marvel TV series as of late, I'm a bit surprised they'd go there given that Adrianne Palicki played that character on "Agents of SHIELD".

So "clearly" Kingpin didn't get killed off.
Absolutely. The rule in soap operas and comic books is that a character isn't dead if you don't see the body -- and sometimes isn't dead even if you do see the body.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks