What's new

Disney+ Hawkeye (Marvel Cinematic Universe) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Hawkeye_001.jpg

Streaming exclusively on Disney+, Fall 2021. It will tell the story of two generations of Hawkeye: Clint Barton (Jeremy Renner, reprising his role from the feature films) and Kate Bishop (casting not yet announced). It is apparently set between Infinity War and Endgame, during the Blip, while Barton was globetrotting around the world dispensing lethal justice.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
The Matt Fraction logo has me hyped. I hope we get to see my two favourite moments from the comics: Christmas lights and Pizza Dog!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I know Scarlett Witch has her own show, but the hiring of Igla makes me wonder if we might see her pop up in this show too, albeit briefly. He has obviously worked well with Elizabeth Olsen, who is the star of Sorry For Your Loss.

Also, Variety says Hailee Steinfeld has been offered the role of Kate Bishop. I think this is a great idea because Steinfeld is a fantastic actress, and Bumblebee, which I very much enjoyed last year, proved that she is comfortable working in a big action spectacle environment and can do terrific, natural work there. I wasn't expecting to care about the central human character in a Transformers movie as much as I did about her in Bumblebee, and that's a credit to her abilities to be grounded and emotional even when surrounded by big set pieces. I really hope she takes this.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/hawkeye-series-hailee-steinfeld-disney-plus-1203318859/

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
From what I understand, Apple is refusing to clear her to participate.

That would be unfortunate, but it would also make sense. Because Disney+ is a rival streaming service, Apple would be invested in keeping her exclusively on their platform and not elsewhere.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Haven't we been through that casting with her before? Obviously I'd love for her to do it, but I won't believe it until Marvel and/or the trades report it.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I thought this concept art for Hawkeye had already been posted in this thread, but since it hasn’t....

1606968017393.png

1606968200446.jpeg

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It's so bizarre that Marvel hasn't announced Steinfeld's casting officially yet.

Variety has also reported some additional casting, though I'm not seeing confirmation from any other sources:
  • Florence Pugh as Yelena Belova, a Russian assassin and spy
  • Vera Farmiga as Eleanor Bishop, the mother of Kate Bishop
  • Fra Fee as Kazi
  • Tony Dalton as Jack Duquesne
  • Alaqua Cox as Maya Lopez/Echo, a deaf Native American who is capable of perfectly copying another person’s movements, making her a formidable fighter.
  • Zahn McClarnon as William Lopez

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
It's so bizarre that Marvel hasn't announced Steinfeld's casting officially yet.

Variety has also reported some additional casting, though I'm not seeing confirmation from any other sources:
  • Florence Pugh as Yelena Belova, a Russian assassin and spy
  • Vera Farmiga as Eleanor Bishop, the mother of Kate Bishop
  • Fra Fee as Kazi
  • Tony Dalton as Jack Duquesne
  • Alaqua Cox as Maya Lopez/Echo, a deaf Native American who is capable of perfectly copying another person’s movements, making her a formidable fighter.
  • Zahn McClarnon as William Lopez

Marvel doesn’t really seem to announce much (if any) of their casting anymore unless it is at an event like comic con or D23. Things leak, but the official casting announcements for their projects are pretty rare now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks