What's new

Hawaii Trip... you been?? (1 Viewer)

JimColeman

Agent
If you're going to Maui then consider staying at the Fairmont Kea Lani. It's in Wailea and, in my opinion, offers the best of the best for a very good price. The rooms are amazing. Ask for a Kilohana suite and you won't be disappointed.

Things to do:

-We snorkel, so we stop an Maui Dive Shop on the way from the airport to the hotel. We keep our gear in the trunk and snorkel everywhere. Big turtles in an area south of Wailea (can't remember the name at the time). Basically just stop where you see a lot of other cars and you're set.

-Road to Hana. We make this a day trip and do a lot of driving and exploring. Depending on the amount of rain that has fallen, you may or may not see a lot of waterfalls. We found the best part of the trip was the drive past Hana, around the back side, back to our resort. Unbelievable views!

-Old Lahaina Luau. The best on the island.

-Drive around the north tip of the island, past Kapalua (sp?). Great scenery, tight roads with no guard rails. Quite the white knuckle experience. Much more treacherous than the Road to Hana. But worth it!

This is just the beginning of things to do. Maui is the Best! Aloha

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
Doug, last I was in Maui, I stayed at the Royal Prince Hotel [its the one the Brady's stayed at in Hawaiian Brady Vacation] you could see Niihau, Molokini and Molokai from my balcony and the whole other side of Maui. The Valley of the Kings is a must, I thought it was going to b a long trek up the hill but it is a fairly short concrete path to the lookout site. Also if you go in the wintertime the waterfalls should be flowing mad. I went in October of 2001 and didnt catch the falls. Waking up to see the sunset @ Haleakala is beautiful. Snorkeling in Molokini is fun if its not too crowded. AND whale watching is in its prime in Maui during december.

David, enjoy Hawaii. If you golf, you'll be in heaven at Kapalua.

Tom Fynan

Stunt Coordinator
We spent 10 days in Maui in June. It is truly paradise! We stayed at the Four Seasons in Wailea, which has gorgeous beaches, and great snorkling right in front of the hotel. The drive to Hana is full of lush greenery and waterfalls, including some you can swim under. We finished up our scuba certification while we were there, and spent a lot of time diving. The people at the Maui Dive Shop were wonderful; I can't recommend them enough. The dive at Molokini and Turtle Town is a "must-do" even if you only snorkel. I also second the recommendation for a trip to the top of the volcano (I won't try to spell it). The best meal we had was at Big Mama's Fish House on the north side of the island.

I don't think you'll be disappointed, no matter where you end up in Hawaii. My only word of advice: sleeping pills for the flight there and back.

Tom Fynan

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
found some pics of Haleakala online, not mine, just good pics

http://www.cag.lcs.mit.edu/~kbarr/photos/

I guess go to the Hawaii link and hes got other pics of Hawaii there too. Click on the individual pics for very large pics.

PS the Ioa Valley pics are of the Valley of the Kings I said you should visit

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks