What's new

Hawaii Five: O: The Sixth Season and beyond (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I'm wondering whether or not CBS/Paramount will put a picture of Douglas Mossman on the Season 7 front cover, along with James MacArthur, Al Harrington and Kam Fong. He wasn't a main cast member but his character (Detective Frank Kemana) was a member of Five-O in Season 7.

One of my favourite seventh season episodes is "Welcome to Our Branch Office", in which a criminal (played by either Frank Gorshin or that other actor who looks like him who was in the Every Which Way But Loose sequel Any Which Way You Can (his character in one scene in the film went to Philo Beddoe's house trying to persuade him to do a fight with another fist-fighter (played by William Smith who a year before was in Hawaii Five-O's final twelfth season) constructs an exact replica of the Five-O offices and/or Steve McGarrett's office. But that isn't his only Mission: Impossible-style plan. He also puts together a team of Five-O team replicas - four men who look just like McGarrett, Danno, Ben and Chin Ho. The only disappointing thing about the episode was the ending - it was the perfect set-up for some comedy moments but failed to happen.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
Just pre-ordered the 6th season thru Amazon for $35. It appears to the lowest price on the net. I could have waited for DD's 20% off sale in May, but figured, why wait.

Can not wait till it arrives!

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I've been waiting and waiting for news on when Season 6 will hit the UK....finally there is a release date! Just been on Play.com and there is a page for the sixth season boxset. The front artwork is identical to the US boxset but the price is higher than the previous two boxsets (£25.99 compared to £16.99-£17.99 for the fourth and fifth season sets). It will be released on Monday 14th Sepetmber, 2009.
Link below to the Play.com page for the sixth season boxset (Region 2) of Hawaii Five-O:
Hawaii Five-O: The Sixth Season (Region 2 DVD)

cardinalmark

Agent
Real Name
Mark Collins
Season six was great! I just finished watching all the episodes. Noticed several shows with cut out parts. One is "Murder is a taxing affair". There is a chase between McGarrett and Cavel. The part missing is Cavel escaping McGarret into his hotel retail car area to swap cars. It is too bad some one has to cut out these! Otherwise, this is another excellent season !!

cardinalmark

Agent
Real Name
Mark Collins
At least three in season six. Keep in mind there are several others from earlier years. Other posts have year one and two with at least three. The Wild Wild West have several also in there four season package. This seems to be a problem with 60's and 70's T.V. SERIES.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
This is the first time I'm hearing about edited episodes on the Five-O season sets. Would anyone care to go into more detail?

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
The last (and only) DVD edit to Five-0 that I was aware of was in Season 3's "Trouble in Mind" in which 10-20 seconds of a scene featuring a song was removed near the beginning of the episode. (There's also the omission of Season 2's "Bored She Hung Herself", which was noted on the box). Seasons 4, 5 and 6 have not had any cuts to my knowledge, although I haven't finished viewing every episode yet. I have original uncut shows recorded off TV for comparison.

Please provide specifics if you believe something was cut. My experience has been that often times people get certain elements from episodes confused with those in other episodes, which is understandable given the fact there are over 280 hours of the show that originally aired.

cardinalmark

Agent
Real Name
Mark Collins
Season six cut episodes Murder is a Taxing Affair, Murder with a Golden Touch. SEASON'S 3,4,5, ARE ALL FINE. Season 1, 2 had some cut shows. I also have the originals, from local T.V.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
If there were indeed any cuts, they were very minor. I did not check the time of each S6 episode but the ones I did all were definitely uncut (the closing credits started at the 49:30 mark).
The S6 set was first rate in my book; great A/V quality and the stories were still fairly strong.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
If these episodes are cut - you're talking about a frame or two. These are the lengths on the DVD of the two "cut" episodes and two on the same DVDs.
50:07 Murder is a Taxing Affair
50:05 Why Wait Till Uncle Kevin Dies
50:07 Murder with a Golden Touch
50:06 Secret Witness

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I can't understand why these episodes would be cut. If the reason was music rights then yes I would understand.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
WaveCrest said:
I can't understand why these episodes would be cut. If the reason was music rights then yes I would understand.
I have not seen any proof they are cut. Takes more than the word of a fellow HTF memeber, and his say so.
I have not read anything about cuts, in any season of the show!
Except here, and its been months, if not years since the release of some of these seasons.

cardinalmark

Agent
Real Name
Mark Collins
Glad you do not believe! Trust me, there are short scenes cut out! I would be glad to send you a copy of "Murder is a taxing affair", just to show you that you are wrong!! You will see the missing scene, which McGarrett and Danny are following Cavel. They jump to another scene. In the original, Cavel goes back to his hotel, gets out of his car, and steals another rent a car.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
cardinalmark said:
Glad you do not believe! Trust me, there are short scenes cut out! I would be glad to send you a copy of "Murder is a taxing affair", just to show you that you are wrong!! You will see the missing scene, which McGarrett and Danny are following Cavel. They jump to another scene. In the original, Cavel goes back to his hotel, gets out of his car, and steals another rent a car.
How long is this scene you're talking about?

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
cardinalmark said:
20 to 30 seconds. Hey, I wish they did not cut anything at all!
but that would make it 30 seconds longer than any episodes on the boxset.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
THe point is that if anything really were missing, then the episode would in its true length be longer than the others on the set which we know aren't cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks