What's new

Hawaii Five-0 (the revival series): Season Three (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Starting a thread off for the third season of Hawaii Five-0, which premiered last night in the US on CBS.

Did the season premiere resolve last season's cliffhangers well?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, I found those scenes preposterous. And Christine Lahti didn't make the most auspicious debut either; I was disappointed with this premiere.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Originally Posted by Hugh Jackes /t/324007/hawaii-five-0-the-revival-series-season-three#post_3980224
The helicopter and paddy wagon scene was laughably implausible with laughably cheesy graphics.
That was ridiculous. I liked the show but the whole super-villain shit should stop.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
And I guess that internal affairs will overlook Chin blowing away Billy Baldwin. :)
I missed the premiere and watched it via the web onto my TV. Worked out great, but it got choppy in a few places, did Kono say that Chin called that guy to save Kono? Who was that guy? I thought it was Che Fong. But it looked like another guy, like a SEAL.
I had a feeling that McGarrett's mom was going to end up letting Wo Fat go, or is somehow involved in the conspiracy. They must have something on each other, perhaps in exchange for leaving McGarrett alive, she let him go.
It's a shame the producers continue to tear down the relationships on this show. Danno and his ex almost got together again and they decided to split them again and now they are at war. Why? And then they felt Chin couldn't have a wife anymore. Perhaps Kono's boyfriend is next to die now.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Nelson Au said:
And I guess that internal affairs will overlook Chin blowing away Billy Baldwin. :)
I missed the premiere and watched it via the web onto my TV. Worked out great, but it got choppy in a few places, did Kono say that Chin called that guy to save Kono? Who was that guy? I thought it was Che Fong. But it looked like another guy, like a SEAL.
I had a feeling that McGarrett's mom was going to end up letting Wo Fat go, or is somehow involved in the conspiracy. They must have something on each other, perhaps in exchange for leaving McGarrett alive, she let him go.
It's a shame the producers continue to tear down the relationships on this show. Danno and his ex almost got together again and they decided to split them again and now they are at war. Why? And then they felt Chin couldn't have a wife anymore. Perhaps Kono's boyfriend is next to die now.
There was enough going on that self-defense should work for Chin. I think, though, that killing him was not enough of a revenge.
Kono said Chin called her boyfriend who was the son of a Yakuza gangster.
Neil

Brent S

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Seguine
Nelson Au said:
My guess, based on current crime procedural shows' heavy reliance on weaving the main characters' personal & family lives into plots and convoluted season/series-long story arcs...
Wo Fat didn't kill 'Shelburne' once he came face-to-face with her, because he just shockingly discovered that she's his mother. And Mom let her son escape. McGarrett and Wo Fat are half-brothers.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
That's a terrifically insane conclusion that McGarrett and Wo Fat could be half brothers. It's so outrageous, it's possible! :)

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
Hugh Jackes said:
The helicopter and paddy wagon scene was laughably implausible with laughably cheesy graphics.
Wrong.
But as soon as the helicopter took the armoured car, the guard should have just shot Wo Fat in the head knowing he was about to get a harpoon in the chest anyway.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
In a TV first in the US, viewers will get to decide the last segment in real time on Monday. http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/episode-of-cbs-hawaii-five-0-lets-viewers-choose-ending-in-real-time/

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I don't think that's a first. Didn't one of the Law & Orders do this several years ago? Or was it Crossing Jordan?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The choose an ending bit was pretty weak in that episode as we didn't have any real logic to make any valid choice. Meanwhile, on tonight's episode (1/21) Scott Caan looked really short compared to Alex O'Loughlin in a few scenes. He is 8 inches shorter (5'5" vs 6'1") but somehow the difference looked even more tonight. One other comment about tonight's episode - if you can't talk because you are wired, write down what you want to say.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Sunday's special episode was one of the most ludicrous in the show's three year history. I've never been in a state prison, but I have to think it would be next-to-impossible to break into one carrying a grown man and install him in a cell, and that there would be more than one guard on any given cell block who would see what was going on.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I loved the episode that was shown on Sunday evening (Olelo Ho’opa’I Make). This was mostly because of the music of Hendrix heard in the episode and the fact that Chin used jiu-jitsu to submit his foe at the end of their fight. I have used a couple of the techniques that Chin demonstrated (e.g., the triangle choke and the arm bar) several times in my BJJ classes. I've been a collector of the music of Hendrix for decades. After listening to the tracks a few times throughout the episode, I was mesmerized listening to them. I've heard all of the tracks several times now (e.g., Bleeding Heart, Mojo Man, Hey Gypsy Boy, Inside Out, Crash Landing, Hear My Train A Comin', and Somewhere), and not surprisingly, I love every one of them. I've added People, Hell and Angels to my wish list and will be picking it up soon. :)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Geez are they running out of Ideas already, first they had that Internet pick the ending episode, now tonight they are remaking the Classic 3rd Season H5O episode Hookman.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I stopped watching a while ago. But if they get to an episode where Grace Park just runs around in a bikini with no interuptions for an hour I might tune back in.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
I like the show. Always have. Best theme song EVER.
Just enough bits of action surrounding the pretty women to sustain my interest.
Given the near omnipresent eye candy, I don't need a hell of a lot of coherent plot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks