What's new

Hawaii 5-0 season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Nelson. Interesting reading.

I really don't get the current trend of ignoring the theme/open/closing credits for TV shows.

And, I think this re-boot of Hawaii 5-0 is bringing some attention to that issue.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
You're welcome Mike!

Film Score Monthly has a group called Screen Archives and it has recently, probably timed with the new series, released a CD of the score from the original Hawaii Five-0.

The is a very cool company if you want to buy movie scores and stuff the mainstream studios don't always release. For example, they re-released scores to some of the Star Trek films with additional tracks that original releases didn't include. They've got tons of scores!

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=14350

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
You're welcome! I'm picking this up too. Sorry I haven't looked into a way to get it at a better bargain price.

Amazon has it at the same price.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
There are a bunch of cartoons that have memorable themes -- South Park, the Simpsons, Family Guy, but even those aren't exactly recent shows anymore.

On that note. . .I do like the theme song to the Cleveland Show (a Family Guy spinoff).

Live action. . .Big Bang Theory, maybe? It's more cute than catchy, though.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman

Live action. . .Big Bang Theory, maybe? It's more cute than catchy, though.

I don't want to take this thread too far OT, Aaron...but as a BNL fan, I can tell you that the theme to TBBT has a longer version that has been released--available through iTunes or amazon (and maybe other places).

JimKr

Stunt Coordinator
I feel like I am being shown a demonstration of what ADHD feels like when I watch this.

JimKr

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, every time I watch this show I hate it more! Finally removing it from my Media Center scheduled recordings. What a shame...

Kinda stinks how they are ruining the television institution that was Hawaii Five-0. (for me anyhow)

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
They finally showed their new headquarters with the new 5-0 logo in the floor. They seemed to have got their equipment from the folks over at Miami Dade PD's CSI group. They have one of those big console computers that allow them to throw the stuff up on the huge wall mounted monitors surrounding it. The governor must have given them a lot of money and they consulted with Horatio before setting it up. They'll have to bring in the holodeck from New York next.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I just read (and posted) about the death of James MacArthur. I didn't know that producers of the new Hawaii Five-O series were planning to have him on the show as a guest. I also didn't realize that he was the last surviving member of the original cast.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I didn't know those things either, Scott.

Seems odd that he was that old (72). I always think of him in terms of being Helen Hayes' son.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Ockeghem

I just read (and posted) about the death of James MacArthur. I didn't know that producers of the new Hawaii Five-O series were planning to have him on the show as a guest. I also didn't realize that he was the last surviving member of the original cast.

I read that too. I always thought they would have had him play McGarrett's dad in the first episode. I wonder if he was going to play anyone significant or just make a guest appearance.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Sad news to hear James MacArthur passed. It would have been interesting to have seen him appear in the new series. Maybe he would have played Danno's father or a senator.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Just getting caught up on past episodes. Anyone catch the odd product placement moment when Chin tells Kono (mmmm...Kono) to "Bing" something on her smartphone...?

I am enjoying the series and it makes me really miss palm trees....

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
An hour long WP7 commercial? Is that really what we're getting? We start out with a segment where the detectives explain how to use sliding autotext to each other, then we have a scene where they koo about how sharp the camera is, then an explanation on how you can auto-rotate it for a larger keyboard, then Dano expounds how happy he is that his phone finally lets him email high quality photos and he's shocked "I've never been able to do that before!" Wow. I lost track of the A story as almost every 5 minutes we were getting a plug for WP7.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Wow. Haven't seen that one yet and will most likely delete now. Didn't realize that Microsoft was executive producing this.....

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen the last 3 episodes yet. And in the early shows, McGarrett is using an iPhone 4 I believe.

This show is not really clicking for me and I'm a fan of the original. But I am being open minded, so I don't make comparisons because it wouldn't be fair. As it stands, it's okay. I will try to watch the last episodes I missed.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I'm pleased I don't know that much about Microsoft products, as it sounds as though it would detract from me enjoying the show if I did.

Nelson,

The last two or three episodes have been a bit more interesting for me. Thankfully, McGarrett and Danny are getting along better. I am enjoying it, although the camera movements are still annoying at times. I've come to expect the herky-jerky motion in most current shows that I've seen these days, but it's still difficult for me to get used to as I'm not that comfortable with first-person.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks