HAving problems with the B&K suite for the ref 50... Please help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Fred DeGrandis, Jan 18, 2003.

1. Fred DeGrandis

Fred DeGrandis Stunt Coordinator

I thought the ref 50 wouldn't get any better, but tonight I just started playing with the B&K software suite.

It is truly unbelievable what you can do to this thing. I spent about an hour personalizing it, and there is still PLENTY more to do. I saved what progress I made this evening, and then I tried to send the info to the ref 50. I went to the pull down to the left of file(the very top left ), and in the pull down, I went to next(Is this how you send the info?). When I hit the button, It started interrogating the ref 50. It kept going until I got a message that said:
    Level 1 Parser error
    Parsor error: received checksum'07c6' does not match calculated checksum'9c6'.

What the hell does this mean, and am I doing something wrong?

What do you hit to send the info or upload to the ref 50 so it will reflect the changes to the unit?

I saved the changes I made, so I hope I didn't lose an hours worth of work. I wish I would have set the ref 50 up like this the first time(it is alot easier).

Thanks for any help guys,
    Fred

2. Fred DeGrandis

Fred DeGrandis Stunt Coordinator

Ok, here is the update

After a weekend of trying to get this done(instaling new software, updating software, checking the connections, and uninstalling/reinstalling the hardware), I finally gave up and decided to try the B&K tech support that I have heard so much about. 1800-543-5252(B&Ks toll free phone number)

I called and within one ring, a nice sounding woman answered and ask how she could help. I asked to be transferred, and within another one ring, the tech support man picked up.
    I spoke to him for about two minutes, and he told me to do a reboot on the system(hold sleep,down, and menu at the same time for a few seconds). I figured that this wouldnt work, but it did!

It took me about 30 minutes to customize the hell out of this thing, and now(besides for the changes I made) it says B&K ref 50 welcome to Fred's theatre

I was very nervous about the software when I first read about it, but trust me, anyone can do this(its easier than setting it up on the tv with the remote for sure).

I am off to demo some digital projectors

Fred