having problems with my RCA DTC-100

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Jim Carr, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Stunt Coordinator

Looking for some help guys. I just got an RCA DTC-100, how do I watch HDTV!! I have the oval dish but when I tune to 199, I get no information, blank channel.

Do I need that VDC300 that converts the 15pin connector to component cables? Can I use the S video and still get HDTV?

PLEASE HELP!!

thanks guys!

Jim

2. Brian Fitterman

Brian Fitterman Stunt Coordinator

If your display does not accept 15pin or RBGHV, you need to convert it to component. If you use the Svideo out of the DTC100, you have to put it in SD mode. BUT, this is not HD...it is downresed to SD.

3. Jim Carr

Ok thanks! My TV does except 15 pin (it calls is VGA), and then I have to put that HDmonitor on?

I didn't originally have hdtv, so when I hook it up, it sayd INFORMATION NOT AVAILABLE, do I need to call DTV or something?

thanks for your help guys!

Jim

4. Jim Carr

anyone know about this?

5. Brian Fitterman

Brian Fitterman Stunt Coordinator

YOu have to have the HDMonitor on. If it says no info avaiable when you hit the display button, you might have it on the wrong input. THe DTC100 has an input button. Hit it once, it goes to ota stations (which say Information not available when you hit display) if you hit it again, you are back on Satellite mode. If you are in satellite mode channel 90 is the test channel for the 110 satellite. If you get that channel your dish is set up correctly. I am not sure if HDNet is free anymore so that might not be the best test channel anymore. First make you have it in Sat. mode by tuning to channel 200. THat is the test channel for DTV. If you get that then try 90. If you do not get that, then you need help.

6. Jim Carr

Ok Brian, thanks I will try that!

thanks again,

Jim

7. Jeff Whitford

Jeff Whitford Screenwriter

There is no channel at 199 anymore. HDnet is also no longer free. HD net is now channel 79 and must be subscibed to.